August 5, 2007

Weekend Recap...

Friday night EJ, Kim and I were going to go to the Taste of Holland, but after reading the list of vendors we decided to go to Perredies instead and get some stuff from the deli. I got the BEST Greek salad, there was so much goodness in it... HUGE green olives, kalmata olives, artichokes, roasted red peppers, banana peppers, the yummiest greek dressing and lettuce of course! It was seriously HUGE, I definately couldn't eat it all. Kim and I also split the Brie cheese with pears, crackers and bread. So good!

Elliot started running a fever at some point on Friday and still has it, easily controlled with Tylenol, but he just isn't himself. I feel bad for him! I'm hoping it's teeth, but am not quite conviced.

Saturday as I stated in my previous post we cleaned the house, took naps, ate perch for dinner, I had a YUMMY Mojito (I'm not a huge drinker, but I can have one now, so I did). Spur of the moment we had a fire out back with the neighbor kids. We all played Sardines for a little while before coming in. The kids have such a good time doing that!

This morning we went to church then to Grandville for lunch and so I could finish getting Mary's birthday gift. We stopped at Children's place too, jeans for all three kids were only $9.99 (not the premium ones of course) so I got each of them a pair, I could have gotten them a bunch of other things too, but Matt was with and he isn't the best shopper, he's quite terrible to be honest. Children's place is so hit or miss and today it was definately a hit, at least for the boys, I only saw a few things I liked for bailey's size, although the baby girl stuff was quite cute, doesn't that always happen though, you find cute stuff when you don't need it?

Now my dear sweet husband is getting groceries with my dear sweet daughter. I'm so lucky that he will go do that for me, he doesn't necesarily like to do it, but neither do I, and I WILL NOT go with three kids. The one time I tried it I almost had a breakdown, I had employees trying to help me at every turn I looked so desperate.

Not to much going this week. Actually I think we have quite a bit but I didn't write any of it down so I'm not sure what we have. I think I have a hair appt tomorow afternoon, a much needed, long awaited appt! Not loosing any lenght, just getting it trimmed! I think I really like it long, I just wish I did it more often, I'm so in a ponytail habit. I rarely have time to dry my dreadfully thick hair so it just has that "look" and needs to be put up (although the longer it gets it does have it's days where it's ok with that air dryed look).

Anyway, enough rambling from me, I will leave you with a few layouts!

I don't really LOVE anything I've done lately, kinda in a rut. This weekend I picked up some templates from the wonderful Janet Phillips (seriously, if you don't have this, and you scrap of course, you NEED this, you will NOT be disappointed, trust me, I'm normally not a huge fan of grab bags, but continuously LOVE hers), normally when I get like this if I use templates for a bit it cures it for me... cross your fingers!







3 comments:

Nina_VK said...

HOly Moly, LOVE the greek salads at Perredies!! We just got a coupon in the mail so we'll be going there sometime soon!! You made my mouth water!!! LOL

I hope Elliot is doing better. Isa was sick this weekend too (again.) THere is something going around for sure!

K, HOLY COW!! You got a lot of LO's done!! They look AWESOME!!! I am not a huge template user, but between you and Manda, I might have to buy some!! I can't pick which one I like more 'cause they all look great! We should get together and scrap sometime! And maybe finally get Kari scrappin. LOL :)

Anyway, now that I have written you a short novel...

Have a great week! TTYL!

Anonymous said...

Hey! We are back. Cobe is off to camp in a few minutes. Call if you don't have much going on this week-neither do we. LOVE all of your layouts but especially the one of Elliot on the beach- how cool that the sand looks so real that I feel like I am sitting on it too. I like your hair long too- we ALL are in ponytail ruts, but how nice to be able to be in that rut???? Your hair looked SO pretty down that day I saw you at the Farmer's Market. Definitely keep the length- you look cute in your headbands too. I have always wanted to try Taste of Holland. Ryan and I have been to Taste of Chicago twice and it was such a great time. We are always out of town for the Holland one it seems. Have a good week-give me a call and we'll plan something. :-)

Amanda said...

Those LO's ROCK - how could you not LOVE them?! Love Janet's templates - great way to get LO's done without much thinking (although it still takes me an hour or more per LO b/c of picking out goodies to use on the LO!)
Have a great week!