August 15, 2007

Shopping...

This morning I went to Target before taking the kids swimming to get Elliot a float thingy (which I DID get), but picked up a few other things while I was there...this dress being one thing... (it's much cuter than this picture shows it be) and I also picked up an "Under the carseat seat protector" for under Elliot in the car. I really need one to go under all the kids, but for now a blanket or towel will have to work.

I tried for over an hour to call the carpet cleaners, but kept forgetting and then when I did finally call they didn't answer... lovely. So, does anyone know of anyone that does a good job cleaning carpet for not an overly expensive price? (I hate when they add stuff on... $xx for stain removal, $xx for protector... why do they think I'm getting my carpet cleaned, of course I have stains that need to be removed, I have three kids and a dog, shouldn't that be INCLUDED?) We need the whole house cleaned (six rooms and a staircase), so I'm sure it won't be cheap but I'm looking for a deal!

After Target we went swimming for about an hour, then headed home for lunch and cleaning. I got quite a bit done, but as usual, there is quite a bit left to do. I did get the dining room floor mopped which I absolutely HATE doing, but it's done now!

Bailey and I just got back from Hobby Lobby. I checked this website today and got a cool idea (or at least I think so), so I'm gonna try it! Funny b/c yesterday I was thinking that I would like to get some more canvaes made like the one I did for fathers day for Matt, but don't want to spend the money... and then I found this! I'm going to start working on one as soon as I'm done here... not sure exactly what I'm going to do, but I will definately be back with pictures when I'm done.

For now I need to go, Elliot keeps thinking he wants to press any and every button and I keep having to correct things. He did something though that's going to drive me nuts... but I'm sure someone can tell me a quick fix... I can't "insert" letters etc, it types over instead... any wonderful ideas for fixes for that?

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Thanks for the tips when I called. I found quite a few bargains at Old Navy. I got three shirts like yours- plain black, gray striped, and the teal green polka dots. Very cute on! I also got a shirt I'm not sure about- a purple one with a hood- had butterflies on it??? It makes me look pregnant, so I am not sure about it. That dress you got at Target is absolutely adorable!!!! Anywhere special that you are going to wear it??? I use L&N Carpet CLeaners (395-2511). They have done a great job every time I have used them and are the cheapest I have found. They will ask you if you want to pay extra for a conditioner for the carpet. The first time, we were suckers and fell for it. We never have again and the carpet comes just as clean without the conditioner. Ryan's grandparents always use Wiley's, but they are more expensive. Our neighbors use Rainbow, but I don't know the cost. As for the computer, I am pretty sure you just need to push the insert key (mine is next to delete and control) and you should be back in business. Hope that helps!

Amanda said...

We used L & N once - I was actually excited to see you asked for suggestions b/c I would love them. I had NO problem with L & N - tell them you heard the special on 99.3, and we got most of our house for $99.00. Be sure to tell them specifically you want furniture moved and all that good stuff. I think the remove all minor stains for no additional - but there may be a charge for major stains - I didn't have any major. My sister SWEARS by Randy's Carpet Cleaners and she is the pickiest house cleaner I know - but I know it is NOT CHEAP!

Ugh - I forget the key to push every time for that fix on the keyboard. I always have to ask my co-worker. Try the "insert" button if you have one - that might be it. I will chime back in if I think of another way.

Nina_VK said...

GOOD question!! Sorry I am no help, but I was wondering the same thing. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on that.LOL :)


I CAN'T wait to see your canvases!!!