August 23, 2007

Rain Rain go away...

...come again in a few weeks! I'm so so so sick of rain! Today actually wasn't bad, it only rained quick in the morning, but in the afternoon it dried up pretty quick, but then was hot and humid. Luckily it was windy and we were all able to go outside! At one point I had four extra kids here so being outside was a necesity! My carpet is still damp... is that normal? I'm not sure I'm all that thrilled with L&N, there is a slight film on the carpet that I only notice b/c I'm barefoot, but it's kinda sticky. Not sure I would call them again. (I think I remember thinking this last time I used them too... but thier prices are good...)

So today the little boy that I used to babysit came over to play. He is the same age as Bailey and I watched him 3-5 days per week from the time he was 9 months until he was 3 years old, so him and Bailey kinda grew up together. The kids (both Landon & Bailey) were so happy to see him, he had so much fun playing with both Bailey and then with Landon too!


This evening we met Sarah downtown Holland to watch the street performers (the ones that never showed up). When we got down there the skies were getting dark so it didn't look to promising, but we decided to walk a bit but still stay close to the cars. We ended up spending a bit of time (and money, some of us spent WAY more than others) at the Peanut Store, then we found a few people singing, but that was about it. It sprinkled a little bit so we decided to go to Treehouse books to see the "Games, Toys Etc", they probably didn't like us to much, we basically just wasted time visiting there, looking at Chet and Puddles and playing on the bridge thing. Oh well, it was shelter from the rain.


While we were doing all this Matt and Landon were supposed to be at practice, but that only lasted about 5 minutes because it started lightnin, so they were home long before we were. We had a good time, it was good to get out of the house! Nothing to big planned for tomorow, Matt may start to tile the floor, but we'll see, it always sounds like a good plan, but rarely get's done!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

You are quick! I was going to post mine in the a.m. since I already did a fair post this afternoon. Had fun downtown even though the performers never showed. If you want to get out of the house tomorrow, give me a call. We will hit the pool if it is hot again and not raining. We could take lunch and eat there and the kids could swim/play on the playground before afternoon naps. Don't worry- I have a lot of candy to take! Haha

Amanda said...

Bummer about the rain and no performers. I love the storms when Kyle is home - HATE them when he is gone. Have a great weekend!

Nina_VK said...

What a bummmer that the performers didn't show. It was getting kinda nasty out. I had to cancel my photos at the beach 'cause they were getting hit hard (they said.) So we're gonna shoot fot tomorrow!
Anywho, the kids looked like they had a great time!!!
have a great night!