August 26, 2007

Today was such a quiet day here... Elliot made up for Friday night by sleeping until 9:30 this morning! He went to bed around 9 last night, woke up once at around midnight, I cuddled him for a few minutes and put him back to bed, he fell asleep and slept until 9:30! I have to admit that I woke up at 8:00 and was a little worried about him, but I couldn't risk going to check on him either, if he was sleeping, he wouild have woken up when the door opened, you just can't sneak up on that kid! But my mind was put at ease when he finally made a noise!

I thought church was going to be awful with him. I really don't like to put him in nursery, every time I have he has gotten sick in the days following, so we really try to keep him out. I normally just take him in the back of church and let him crawl around (or Kate does it for me!). Today he was sick, so nursery wasn't really an option (although it's really just a cold), he was making quite a few noises in the beginning of the service, but fell asleep eventually, which is something he NEVER does anymore!

I talked to my grandpa this afternoon, he hasn't thrown up at all today and he said they would let him go home tomorow if he didn't throw up, but here's where I see a problem. He won't even sip on water or put ice in his mouth, he says it doesn't sound good, but my theory is that if he isn't putting anything in, how do they know that nothing is going to come out when he does? He was really dizzy from some meds they gave him for upset stomach when I talked to him. There is an appt that he was supposed to be at in the morning with his oncologist that I think is Sister-In-Law and brother are going to go to anyway so that they can talk to the doctor and try to get a better idea of what the future holds (although we all know that the future is in God's hand, we also know (and were reminded of this this morning in church) that miracles DO happen if we pray for them and it's God's will). I was going to try to go to that, but the only person that was able to watch my kids (w/o being totally overwhelmed by 15 kids at thier house, Mary) was my Grandma, which means that myself and my three kiddos would have had to leave the house by 7am. I can't imagine getting them all ready that early in the morning or what it would do to Elliot for the rest of the day, so I'm staying home.

Matt took the oldest boy and girl fishing this evening, so with Elliot in bed, here I sit, typing away and enjoying the peace and quiet!


Not for sure what tomorow will bring, kinda depends on the weather, but on Tuesday I know that I'm going shopping. Mary and I are heading to either Shipsey (not sure on the spelling of that) or Michigan City or to both, depends how ambitions we feel in the morning! Hoping to find some GREAT deals on summer clothes for spring break and maybe some fall clothes too. I'm desperately short on clothes!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

I know what you mean about the baby sleeping until 9:30. You can hardly enjoy it because you worry the whole time that something is wrong. Glad he slept in for you. Still praying for your grandpa!

Amanda said...

Glad that Elliot caught up on sleep - I hope you did too! I think we are going to try to get to Shipshewanna on Wed. Your plan sounds pretty good for Michigan City too! Have a great week!

Susie said...

Hey- Nice to catch up on things, I will keep your Grandpa in our prayers. Miss you and have fun in Michigan City, We went out tonight to GR and got some good deals at the Childrens Place....Skirts for 7.00!! Kennedi had a fun