August 20, 2007

More food...

Yesterday or a few days ago I saw some recipes for salads... more importantly Taco Salads and they started to sound really good to me... and you know me if you are a regular... IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION! So we had this amazing taco salad for dinner tonight! Here's the recipe... although there are no measurements b/c a)I don't measure and b)there were none in the original!
Salad:
Lettuce
Ground Beef (w/ taco seasoning)
Tomatoes
Crushed Doritos (we used Spicy)
Cheese
Corn (I used a can of white corn, drained, and I didn't use the entire can, just "to taste")
And whatever else you may like on a taco salad (i.e. beans)

Dressing: (this is where the goodness begins)
In a Food Processer** blend 1 smalish avacado, some sour cream and some Green Chile Sauce. Truly I have no idea how much I used.

COmbine in a bag and shake to coat all ingredients (although I don't like wilted lettuce so I put the meat on top after shaking, warm things tend to wilt lettuce)

Serve! AMAZING! We all loved it!

**Look another use for a food processer!!!!!

This morning we headed down to visit Grandpa again while he was receiving his chemo treatment. We went through a bunch of old pictures together so that passed time quite quickly! It was so fun to see these old pictures. I love the look of old pictures and the old school glamour look of the women. I will have to scan a bunch in soon and post some of them! My grandpa really enjoyed seeing them! As of this evening he was still feeling really well so that's a great thing! Prayers appreciated that he would continue to feel good and be able to eat regular food for a while! I am going back on Thursday to go to an appt with him for an endocronologist to discuss treating his diabetes. And then I'll be back on Saturday too for a birthday party for my other grandma adn to visit him again! Definately putting the miles on the new car... not a good thing considering it's a lease!

So remember my "Daily Something", well that didn't work so well, so now I'm trying to take at least one pic per day, ideally one of each of the kids! But I will post a pic each day... or that's my goal at least!

Today's pic is our Webkinz! Both kids wanted to buy one with birthday money today, so they were so excited to head to the flower shop and pick one out! They put them all on one account so that they can share money and rooms etc! They really do play really well together! They have to read for 1/2 hour every day before they can watch t.v., play game system, or play computer! Once they do that they are still on time restrictions, but like every terrible parent sometimes it's easier to let them play computer while I clean or get things done! And really I'm very blessed, my kids get along wonderfully, they could play together for hours and hours! So the new ones are the monkey and bulldog! The other two were Bailey's from her birthday and her dance recital!

Thier names are: Top Row: Dexter, Taylor Bottom Row: Tappy and Lilypad

And, Elliot was so mad this evening (mostly b/c he was so tired but it was way to early for bed), in his anger he opened his mouth and... I got a picture! Of the tooth! So, here it is, and yes I realize now after posting it here that you can barely see it in this pic, really in the original you can see it better!!
Oh yeah... and I called L&N this morning and they are coming on Wednesday between 3 and 6 (gotta love the span they give themselves) to clean the ENTIRE house! We will have to evacuate that evening until it dries a bit! Thanks for all the tips! We've actually used them before (along with a slew of other's), but decided to try them again! I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is actually a great pic - I totally see it! Good luck with L & N - tell me how it goes again - I totally need to schedule it too - I have SOOO been putting it off - for the fact of having to get out of my house and stay out - UGH.

Nina_VK said...

YUM-O!! love taco salad! That is exacly we make Taco salad too (minus the corn and dressing) I'm not much of a dressing person when it comes to meat on a salad. LOL But it sounds good. :)

Definately will keep praying for your Gtandpa's health. SO happy to hear that he was feeling well when you saw him. :)

Cute photo of Elliot! I can see the tooth too!! YAY!!!!

FOr sure are gonna have to tell me about L&N. my carpets are in need of some cleaning, and now that the girls are not spitting up anymore, what a better time. LOL

S Huiz said...

I am glad you were able to enjoy the time you spent with your grandpa. I have been praying for him and will continue to do so. It does sound like you will be making quite a few trips his way. I am sure it means a lot to him.

Love the picture of Elliot! That facial expression is priceless.

The salad sounds delicious! It is 8:45 in the morning but you totally made me hungry for a taco salad!!!