August 27, 2007

Grandpa Update

Two posts, one day... sorry, I really am trying to keep it to one/day (I say that like it's a stuggle, but really it isn't, I know some of you use feeds and it's probably annoying to see that I've updated once again...)

Anyway, this is mostly for family... Grandpa is still in the hospital tonight, they will start feeding him through the feeding tube tonight and see if he can keep that down. If he does he may be able to go home tomorow evening, if not they will keep him. His doctor was suprised that he only made it less than a week without going to the hospital, normally people can last two weeks. He anticipated Grandpa being relased for a few days (if at all) and then being re-admitted shortly after because with the continued radiation he would continue to get sicker and weaker. He did have a few ice chips this afternoon and that seemed to go ok I hear. He has an appt with a lawer this week, so we need to pray that he is able to make it to that, otherwise I think we have all of his papers in order, I'm so very thankful for his brother and sister-in-law for the role that they have taken on in all of this. This time in his life is one that I've worried about for a while, knowing that I was one of the most responsible people in his life and one of the closest people to him, I assumed that the responsiblity would all fall to me, I was worried about how that would all work being so far away with a family of my own, but they have been there the whole way, taking on much of the responsiblity themselves. I am so very thankful! I definately couldn't do this by myself!

1 comment:

sharon said...

We actually saw D at Timber Town today with friends. Glad your trip went well. Call me if you need me to help with the kids. Your Grandpa is in God's hands now and we have to trust in that. Glad he has someone as strong in your faith as you are, to guide him home when that day comes. We'll keep your whole family in our prayers.