August 16, 2007

Rollercoasters...

Do you like rollercoasters? I used to like them, but the only rollercoasters I've been on lately have been life's rollercoasters. And I don't like this kind at all. There are just so many things going on in life each with it's ups and downs. Many of you have been reading and keeping up with my most recent ups and downs and believe it or not there is still stuff not shared here... I'm a pretty open book, but not totally! Today I had some issues with my insurance company involving tears and yelling. I'm so frustrated with what they will and more importantly what they will not cover. What won't they cover you ask... everything! Things most people in good health without family history would consider vital, much less with the history and confirmation that I have. They don't cover prevention... everyone has a history and they can't prevent everything. So basically... when you are dying we may do something for you!

My grandpa spent the night in the hospital last night. He got the port and feeding tube inserted yesterday and while in recovery his blood sugar dropped drastically, causing concern and the doctors wanted to keep him for observation. He has always had bs issues, so this really isn't anything new. He will be home tomorow, at which point he needs 24 hour care, so I may have to go stay the night with him on Saturday.

Tonight is our big HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 party! We have six girls coming over to watch the movie and spend the night. Bailey is sooooo excited! We got the soundtrack off of i-tunes on Tuesday morning when it was released and they listen to it non-stop! Landon is actually looking forward to it too! I just returned from Wal-Mart and the party store to try to get some party stuff for decorating. I wanted a few balloons and maybe a banner or something... no luck though! Great party was out of balloons and pretty much everything else and Walmart didn't have anything either. The fact that I went to Wal-mart in the first place is HUGE! I H-A-T-E Wal-Mart. HATE HATE HATE it! For a large variety of reasons! But Mary got Ange some jammies from there (High School Musical Jammies) and I wanted some for Bailey... when I finally found them (10 minutes of looking) the only had two pairs left, both in a 5/6, which if you know Wal-Mart at all is inconsistent. The top looked like it would fit Elliot and the bottom would fit Landon, plus after one wash I'm sure it would have shrunk. So I got her a $6 t-shirt instead. Sure it will shrink too, but for $6 I"m not going to worry to much!

THe kids are both at EJ's right now and Elliot is sleeping so it's pretty quiet around here. I need to clean the bathroom once I'm done here and put some clothes away, but then the house is pretty well picked up (although there is always more that can be done). I still need to call L&N for carpet cleaning, I will probably do that Monday after the party.

Saturday Matt and I are actually going out. We haven't gone out alone in who knows how long. Mary is watching the kids and I think we may head to Saugatuck for dinner with some friends. Probably won't be a late night though, I can't do late nights, never have been able to, but especially now that I have kids!

Credits here.























I did some digishopping this morning... picked up a few things at my fav digi store (the Lilypad) now I just need to get in the mood to scrap... I really want to go take some great pics of my kids like Nina just did... mine would never be as good, but they are so fun to have and take!


Have a great weekend, I'm sure I'll be back tomorow with party pics! Let me know if you watch High School Musical 2 too! There has got to me tons of people having parties and such... seeings as how there is nothing left in the stores!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

So sorry to hear about the problems you are having with insurance - they can be a PAIN in the REAR to deal with - and I agree - it sucks that they would rather help when someone is ill or dying rather than prevent that from even happening in the first place.

Sounds like you have a good weekend planned - hopefully the girls have fun tonight - not sure how they couldn't!

S Huiz said...

I think life is always a roller coaster, isn't it? You always think you are the only one...until you do read blogs. That has been the greatest part of blogging for me- understanding that nobody has a perfect life and sharing my imperfect life with others. Sort of reassuring. Sorry about insurance- have you decided to try for the surgery? Must have heard some answers? Have a GREAT time at the party. I told Cobe at lunch today that HS Musical was on tonight- didn't get much of a reaction. I for sure will be tuning in though since I loved #1!!! (And no reality shows are on tonight-haha) I saw an adorable HS Musical shirt at the Wal-Mart's in NC- it was all sparkling with rhinestones. I can't believe you hate Wal-Mart. Some trivia I never knew about you. I LOVE Wal-Mart!!! (the ones in NC are much better than ours, but I still like ours). I was talking to Kristen this morning at the gas station, so I heard a honk, but didn't see a car. She was nearest the road, so I assumed it was someone she knew honking so I never really looked to see. Enjoy the party!

Nina_VK said...

I hear ya...I don't hate, but DISLIKE Wal-Mart a lot!! The clothes seem to be everywhere, can't find anything, and it always looks so dirty. I would rather go to target or meijer. :)

Insurance companies are suckie...suckie suckie suckie!! Thats all I have to say!!


Hope HSM was great!!! What a great mom you are getting her a shirt to wear during the premier of the show AND for letting her have friends over. WOW!!

So glad that you like my pics!! That makes me feel so good. :) Oh yeah, they were taken in centennial park and the brick building across the street. Let me know if you need details.

Have a good weekend!