August 5, 2007

Have you seen this kit????

Beautiful again... like they all have been! This is from Songbird Avenue... all the proceeds from the sale of this kit will benefit the Make a Wish foundation! Imagine the possibilities!!!!!

This morning I made some Pesto for Chicken sandwiches, I've never made it before... click here for the recipe. I couldn't find enough Basil at two different grocery stores, so I used some fresh spinach too. I also added some sun dried tomato's and parmesan cheese. I had to borrow the food processor, but I think I may be purchasing one of my own soon. I grilled some chicken and toasted some rolls, added some honey mustard, swiss cheese and lettuce with the pesto on top of the chicken... so yummy! I actually recenlty had one similar to it at Boatwerks recently, now I can make my own! I cooked enough chicken that I can have it for lunch tomorow too, and it won't be as much work!

Landon's friend (our neighbor) has been gone for a month now (at his mom's) and I can't even explain how much the child has missed having him to play with. Landon found out that 'K' was supposed to return last night sometime so the kid played on the front porch basically all evening, then this morning he went and sat on the steps out back, just wishing 'K' would come outside (normally they do come out as soon as my kids exit the back door), it was kinda sad, but kinda cute to see his excitement just waiting. Unfortunately 'K' just came and knocked on our door and Landon is gone to Austins house, I'm sure if I called him he would come home in a heartbeat, but that's not fair to Austin either, so I'll hold off, they can play together tonight!

Good Monday to you...

5 comments:

Nina_VK said...

Sucha cute kit and what a great cause.

Love pesto!! It freezes well too! I usually put my in ice cube trays--freeze them--then pull it out when I need it. So yummy! Eva likes it too and she is picky. She loves when I put some on a flour tortilla with chicken (from the deli) and provolone chesse, and roll it up into a wrap. SO good and sucha simple lunch.

Landon--so cute!! Poor little buddy. Happy to hear his friend is back. He will be so happy!

~~jan crowley said...

thank you so much for blogging about the kit! we really appreciate it! :)

Amanda said...

mmmm, pesto is so good on a wrap! I am a picky eater and just started eating it about a year ago.

Very cool kit!

Hope Landon has fun playing with "k" tonight!

S Huiz said...

Thanks for calling today- look forward to seeing you in the morning! You amaze me with the trouble you would go through to make that sandwich- I am way too lazy, but it sounds delicious! I don't own a food processor either and have always wondered if I'd use it if I had one. You'll have to let me know what else you use it for if you get one. See ya in the a.m.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the bloggity and the recipe - it sounds so good! :)