August 25, 2007

Busy...

Yesterday was a good day. Elliot took two very good naps, within just one hour of each other, which sould have been a clue to the coming events (more on that later). In the morning we had one of Bailey's friends over with her 2 sisters and brother, at one point in the morning I had eight kids here, but as usual, it really wasn't bad, the more the merrier! (For mom's who don't quite get that yet... I promise you sometimes it's just easier to have more kids than less kids, temporarily at least). The morning went fast because of that, then it was nap time for all the kids in the afternoon (just my three), I got more laundry and cleaning done, put lot's of furniture back etc.

I had to put the furniture back after having the carpet cleaned, it was still not dry 36 hours after having it cleaned though, I don't think that is normal. I also feel like there is a film on the carpet, I almost feel like it needs to be cleaned again. Anyway, live and learn! It at least looks a little better! The major stains are gone!

AFter naps we were off to Target to get a few necesities (Diet Coke and stuff)! In the evening Landon and I had an open house to go to for one of Landon's friends that is moving away. The boys had a great time and got nice and sweaty playing football and jumping on a trampoline. I got nice and stinky sitting by a campfire! It was a nice relaxing time! Landon ended up spending the night with three other boys and they were up very very late, but he was happy to be able to spend time with his friend before he left!

I got a call from Matt toward the end of the party and he informed me that my Grandpa was on his way to the emergency room for dehydration and throwing up (which he had been doing all day non stop). I didn't learn any more about that until this morning. He was admitted and they still can't control his vomiting. He can't even swallow a drop of water without it coming back up. (Sorry if you have a weak stomach, I'm trying to make this "clean", but not sure how to say it without being blunt). He is getting fluids from an i.v. and will probably be there until at least Monday when I will return to hopefully meet with his doctor to get a better idea what is going on.

Matt also ended up having a few people over for fantasy football drafts, so we were up pretty late last night, Elliot had woken up at 9:30 and 11:30 (again, this should have been a hint). I finally got to bed around midnight (really quite late for me), but by 3:30 I was up again, shortly after I was watching middle of the night cartoons with the boy (which are not good by the way, in case you ever wondered), I finally got back to sleep by 5, but I'm exhausted and will be heading to bed SOON! I think it's a combo of a cold (which made him take good naps on Friday) and teething. Poor guy! Praying for better sleep tonight! (Oh, yeah, and Sarah if Sadie needs a new video I'm pretty sure I can get her one in the next few days... :)

We headed down to see Grandpa this morning and then had a birthday party for my Grandma too, her 76th! Here is a pic of her and I...


Enjoy your Sunday!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Love the humor in this post! So sorry you didn't get much sleep- you should have called Amanda- she was up all night too. :-) Hope Elliot feels better/sleeps better tonight for you. I am soooooooo sorry about your grandpa. I pray that he turns the corner soon and the iv keeps him nourished while he suffers through this setback. Sounds like you had a busy, fun day yesterday. Get some sleep. We'll be looking for another video to entertain us soon! :-) Great picture of you and your grandma.

Amanda said...

Misery loves company - LOL. Oh what a night huh? I can't believe I am still up - but I am falling asleep at my computer so I will head to bed here in a few minutes. Sounds like a decent weekend for you guys nonetheless.

I am praying that your grandpa recovers and gets over the pukies. So hard to see.

Nina_VK said...

Hokey toots, busy is right!
Sorry to hear about your grandpa!! I remember my grandpa going through the SAME thing. Everything sounds so familiar. He will continue to be in my prayers!!

I hope you got some sleep last night!!!

SUPER cute pick of you and your Grandma!