August 28, 2007

No pic today... just way to tired!

It has been a long long day. I'm exhausted! We skipped Shipshewana b/c of the heat and humidity (so I still haven't experienced it), instead we just did Michigan City outlet mall. I did well... actually the kids did well, I didn't do to great, I actually ended up getting a few things from Gap (which we have here) and Banana Republic, but that's it! Elliot made out the best. I was excited to see $1.99 racks at Chidrens place, so he is close to set for Spring Break! Landon and Bailey got quite a bit too, Matt only got two things, but that two things more than he needs according to him!

We made it home by 5:15, just in time for Matt and Landon to head to football practice. Bailey, Elliot and I went for a bit to watch, but in this heat it didn't last to long! Right now I sit here annoyed and crabby at everyone. I just tried to let the phone company know that my Grandpa's bill was on it's way, but b/c he has been sick it is late (he got a notice in mail), but I can't even tell them that b/c I'm not authorized on the account, so they can't even make a note of it. I argued that last year I was able to make changes on the account without question, but now I can't notify them of something, I'm not looking for information, my name is on the check... what the heck????

Bad news on the Grandpa front, his PET scan came back (this is the second one, the first one was good and showed that the cancer hadn't spread), this one unfortunatley showed the cancer was in his liver which isn't good. They are going to do a liver biopsy to find out more. Not sure what action will be taken after that, they may in fact discontinue treatment, just giving him enough chemo to keep him comfortable. Basically at this point the way I understand it there is nothing they can do except let him go comfortably. Very sad!

So, hoping you all had a good Tuesday! Back tomorow with pics of some sort!

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

Oh no- so sad about your grandpa. I know that you must feel helpless. I will keep you and him in my prayers.