August 8, 2007

The busyness continues...

Today was another one of those days... started at 7:00 this morning (way earlier than I've gotten up in a long long time) I got up and got ready, packed the Jeep, got all of our beach stuff together, then we headed to the bakery to meet up with Sarah & Lisa again. The kids ran around for a bit then it was time to go... to work. Payroll day. That took me about two hours, then we were headed up north to Whitehall where my family is camping. We stopped in Muskegon at the Grand Traverse Pie Company for lunch (and some yummy baked goodies), then were on our way again.

On the way I got to listen to some Christian talk radio on my new FREE (for a year) Sirius Satellite radio. I am kinda wierd in the fact that I really enjoy talk radio, especially Christian talk radio. I wish I could remember the name of the show I was listening to, I was really zoned on it. It was talking about the 10 truths and 10 lies about Abortion. I know this subject can be very controversial with many people, I don't condemn anyone that has chosen this option, I just don't agree with it. Our God forgives those who seek forgiveness, therefore I need to forgive too. Judgement is not mine, but His. THere were just so many good points on this show, talking about how some women call this thier choice, thier body, they can do what they want, but the host of the show had a good point in the fact that they are partially right, they can do what they want to thier body, but the body that is growing inside of them is not thier own, God created that body, God has a plan for that little person, it is not up to any women to make a death decision for that child. Oh, I wish I hadn't misssed any of the show, I may need to do some searching on line to see if I can find it and listen to more. It was a series on 10 truths and lies about different subjects, so I'm also curious to see what the other subjects are.

Once we arrived at the campground we relaxed for a little bit, then headed to the beach. Mary kept Elliot with her so I was able to actually enjoy the beach for the first time in a long time. I took the other four kids (Landon, Dimitri, Bailey & Angela), my grandma went and took my cousins daughter (5yrs) and my aunt came and took her grandson (7yrs), so there were definately lots of kids, but they entertained each other mostly, I went swimming with them for a little bit, jumping waves and splashing, but otherwise was able to just hang out and listen to my ipod and take some pics. Sooooo NICE!
Here are a few pics I took...

I'm normally quite anal about car seats and such, but we didn't even have to go on the road really and I didn't want the sand in the back seat of the jeep, at least this way it was contained to the rear!





And yup... you guessed it, (ok, so you probably weren't even thinking it but it will come as NO suprise), I got FRIED!!!! Yuck, when will I learn?????? And I'm not even pregnant, so what's the deal here?

After the beach we headed back to the campground. Elliot had fallen asleep laying by Mary, which he NEVER does, so he did get a good nap, so we just hung out for a little bit and left the campground around 5, perfect timing for hitting rush hour in Muskegon and even worse, Grand Haven. WE made it home around 6, Matt had a football meeting for 2.5 hours tonight, so he wasn't home, so we just made Pizza Rolls for dinner quick and Landon had his three-on-three buddies coming over at 7pm to practice. Matt still wasn't home at 8 when it was time to take the boys home, so I packed up all the kids (including my freshly bathed and ready for bed little guy) and took the other boys home. Matt was home by the time I returned so that was a relief. Tomorow night he is going fishing though (40% chance at least, according to the weather) so I'll be alone again, but next week Football practice starts three nights per week, so he won't have much time for fishing after that (he's coaching if I didn't mention that before).

And, since I like to end with pics, I will leave you with a picture of the three-on-three team with high hopes! Enjoy your Thursday!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Look at those tough dudes!! They will surely whip some butt! Glad you had fun at the beach with the older ones- you HAVE to be better about sunscreen girl!!!

Amanda said...

What a fun busy day - I bet you were all ready for bed by 8:30!

Unknown said...

Hey I am glad that the kids are playing in the tournament! I will see you downtown tomorrow! Colorado was good, and so hard to leave...Jackson cried, Kami cried, I cried..it was a rough morning. Can't wait to see you guys, you have been in my thoughts and prayers...Kate