August 7, 2007

Busy busy busy day/week/month/year/life...

We have been so busy, just like the rest of the world I'm sure, this week is just a bit overwhelming. Most of it is self inflicted, but this week was supposed to be quiet, I"m glad I started writing things down.

This morning we met Sarah & Lisa (who NEEDS a blog...) at the bakery. Note that Zeeland Bakery has NO air conditioning, and they are a BAKERY, meaning ovens running, add a little humidity and you get misery! But it was raining so we had to sit inside, good to see them again after thier vacation!

After the bakery we came home to give Elliot a nap, the kids played for a bit, i did a bit of cleaning. This picture was taken at lunch today... I'm very lucky that Matt comes home every day, so is Elliot. He is SUCH a daddy's boy, something we are very much not used to. Elliot will not eat lunch for me. It's his tradition to sit on Matt's lap and eat whatever Matt is eating, so much a tradition that the child will NOT eat in his high chair, or from me.

This afternoon after lunch we headed to the Aquatic center. Elliot has never been so I wasn't sure how he would do, turns out he LOVED it. If you've never been, there is a splash pool for the little ones, a slide and whirlpool for the older kids and the big pool with diving boards and blow up toys is open. The splash pool is like a beach, it angles in so it gets deeper the further you go (not deeper than my knees though), Elliot didn't quite understand this concept though and kept trying to crawl in deeper and deeper. He did have a great time though, for about an hour, then he decided he was tired and had had enough. So we left and gave him a nap, unfortunately I think he awoke a little to early and this is how we spent the afternoon... I felt bad for him, but truthfully I got pretty darn sick of it too!

When Matt came home we went to Craigs Cruisers. It was supposed to be our small group, but b/c of different circumstances it ended up just being the Overweg's and ourselves. We ate dinner there and I have to say that the pizza there wasn't all that bad (if you remember at all, I'm VERY VERY picky about my pizza). Landon drove the go-karts for the first time by himself, he was pretty proud of himself (although he woudl never say that). They all did the bumper boats too, all getting pretty wet! We all had a fun time.

So yeah... busy and active day here, and another one tomorow, and Thursday and then this weekend too! Agghhhhhhhh! Oh well, it can always be worse!

Friday, if you need dinner (and who doesn't eat)... there is a chicken barbecue downtown Zeeland benfiting Youth for Christ. I think WJQ is also going to be down there and there will be some concerts going on Friday and Saturday. The Bridge is putting on a three-on-three tournament Friday and Saturday too (they will be taking registration for that until Friday afternoon), Landon will be doing this with some friends (and he's SOOOOO excited). So if you need something to do this weekend, here are some options for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not disappointing me! I checked your blog when I first got on the computer.. no new entry. I checked it again as I get ready to log off... YAY! A new one! :-) I absolutely LOVE the picture of Elliot lying on Matt- it looks like it could be on a greeting card or in a book- it is a perfect picture. (The one of him crying is cute too!) We head to Craig's Cruisers on Sunday so I'll have to show Cobe your blog pics so he can look forward to it. Sounds like a busy day- glad you still had it in you to blog after such a busy day. :-) See you in the a.m. Hopefully we can sit outside tomorrow. We may head to the pool after the park- want to go?

Nina_VK said...

Oh I tell ya, things are crazy right?!?! I can't wait until it slows down a little, oh well, like you said--it could be worse. :)

I CAN'T believe Zeeland Bakery doesn't have air...the is just crazy!! I have only been there once--WAY back in 9th grade, so I didn't remeber that. WOW- it must have been CRAZY HOT!

Love the photos! The one of Elliot with Daddy is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! YOur kiddos are so cute!
Thanks for the heads up about downtown! We might be checking that out!

Catch ya later on the flip side....:)

Amanda said...

Whew - what is it with this week - FOR EVERYBODY! I swear ever person I talk to is crazy busy this week - all with fun stuff at least! Have a good one and don't wear yourself out. Thanks for the heads up on Fri. night - have been hearing about that!