August 30, 2007

Did you know...

1. Michigan law prohibits walking, riding, driving or being present on the right-of-way of a railroad or a railroad yard. The law lists a number of exceptions, such as legitimate passengers, railroad employees and authorized representatives of the railroad. A violation of this section is considered a misdemeanor and is punishable by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, a fine of not more than one hundred dollars or both. Mich. Stat. Ann. § 22.1263 (273) (Law. Co-op. 1999). Also see § 257-1515 for a right-of-way exception for a demonstration snowmobile trail.

Ummmm, we walk across the tracks all the time to get to the restaurant or stores behind our house. Guessing it's not so much across as it is walking on... but Nina has taken some SWEET pics on tracks and I wanted to try, but I'll have to rethink... we live in a busy area, ZPD get's bored sometimes, who knows what could happen, me in jail... for 30 days, that's FUNNY!

2. Insurance companies suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had another problem with our insurance company today. Here's the story in a nutshell and maybe someone has some good ideas of what my "Grevience letter" should say... since I'm terrible at writing letters. I have been getting breast exams once per year for about 15 years now because of family history (sorry if that's a bit much information), never had any issues getting those bills paid, always been billed as b/c of family history. So today I get an explanation of benefits in the mail from my insurance for about 5 appts they aren't going to pay for because medical necesity hasn't been established. Three of them I expected (although didn't realize at the time of appt), I'm very upset by them, but I've already argued and argued and cried and yelled and cried and yelled some more to no avail. One of them was for one of these breast exams. They find no medical necesity. I'm sorry, but I am not going to let myself go and find out one day that I've had cancer and it's been growing for a year now. They also won't let me get a mamogram. With my family history, my genetic proof how is this not medically necesary?????? I owe it to my children to do everything I can to prevent this disease from taking over my body, you would think that they would understand that this is a necesity! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!!!! So, I need to appeal this whole thing, but we are planning on switching at least myself to a different carrier. I have never had so many problems in my LIFE!!!! My Life... something I plan to have for a long long long time! (Can you tell I'm a bit emotional right now??????!!!!!!!!!)

3. Football Scrimmage Tonight
Landon has his first football scrimmage tonight, should be fun, he's looking forward to it! Afterward we are going to go to the Dux game!

4. I visited Grandpa today
I think the seriousness of this is starting to sink in. I took the kids and he was very happy to see them. He was very talkative and happy, when I said we were going to have to leave he started stuttering a bit more and getting a bit emotional, I think he just realizes that things aren't great. I should find out about the liver biopsy today!

5. We have very few plans for Labor Day
But that's good, Matt is going to (whether he likes it or not) work on the bathroom/kitchen/entryway floor! We will probably go out with some friends one night and spend some good family time together! We will go visit my grandpa at some point too!

6. I was going to save this to post later, but for now I will just post and update whatever I missed tomorow. Matt hates when I post a blog entry when he's here. He thinks this is the stupidest thing ever! Off to make dinner... have a great labor day weekend, I'm sure I'll be back, but those going away will not be either! Stay safe!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Good post - very informative. Men will never understand this whole blog thing! I hope you get your insurance stuff worked out - our health care issues are major in the US I think.

S Huiz said...

Are you still checking into switching insurance companies? Sounds like you might just have to. Was it a good game last night? Haven't heard yet. We had a birthday party so we couldn't go. (I was sick in bed, but the rest of the family went to the party)

Nina_VK said...

ROFL--That was too funny about the railroad thing!! I really was LOL!! OH and for a location, I honestly just go to the ones that are closest to where I am at during a shoot. The last two photos are from 2 different locations. But I like the tracks on James and the ones behind cap. sundea--holland . Those are my favorites.

How frustrating--about your insurance company!!I wish I could help you out! I hope things get figured out for ya girl!!