August 11, 2007

GAME OVER


What confusion I tell ya! So did I mention before that Landon's division for this basketball division included three teams of girls (the only girls teams that signed up) who were all at least in middle school, some high school, some were BIG girls. So this morning they went up against one of the smaller girls teams and although they did a great job and played hard the girls were in sixth grade and they did loose (score was 20-16), so they had one more game, scheduled for 2:00. We came home and were relaxing thinking about going swimming or something when the phone rings... It's the bridge, they had complaints about the younger boys playing with the older girls so they restructured the bracket to include only the boys elementary age and our boys were scheduled to play at 11 (the call came at 11:16) but we wouldn't be penalized for not being there on time... (good to know). Our game was now scheduled for noon so I was frantically calling the other two boys that weren't with us and was luckily able to get ahold of one of them (via cell phone number that I just got from them yesterday), the other one I left a few messages at but couldn't reach. So we woke up Elliot and rushed downtown. Kenny showed up just before noon adn Calvin never ended up showing up (although we did end up talking to his mom... story is to long to post here), so they had only three guys which meant no substitutions (did you know it was HOT HOT HOT out and HUMID?). They played a game at 12 and had no problem winning (end score was 21-6), but then they played the team that they played last night (6th grade boys, TALL ones). We were able to use someone that just happened to be there watching as our fourth guy which helped a lot since all of the boys got hurt at one time or another, and they played much better than they did last night but unfortunately they still lost. So we are done now... after much confusion and running around and sweating! (Final score of final game was (9-20).

While we were downtown I went to check out the new dance studio down there and got all the information. Matt and I had talked about taking a year off just b/c it get's to be a LOT of running around and kinda expensive (I was just re-reading this after originally posting it and thought I better clarify that Bailey is the one taking the dance classes, not Matt and I), but I wanted to check anyway. I was feeling a big guilty looking at a new place b/c I really do love Dance Connection where she has taken classes in the past, but I was just looking into it. So we got home, the mail came and guess what... there was a letter in there from Dance Connection that they will not be opening this year. Isn't that crazy?

I think we are going to go swimming here soon, once Matt is done with his nap and Elliot is awake too. I need to cool off and get these boys out of the house.

I talked to my Grandpa last night, he is going to be starting chemo soon, not next week, but the next week I think. His brother and SIL are looking for a place for him and his friend to stay while he is getting treatments. He will have a feeding tube inserted this next week and a shunt too. I'm not exactly sure of everything going on, I need to call his brother and we are headed down there tomorow to see what we can do. I 'm glad he is going to stay somewhere though, it will be so good for him!

OK, this post has drawn out a lot. Sorry for the cryptic message earlier, I was (and still am) quite upset and just needed to kinda vent I guess. OK, have a good rest of the weekend!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ugh - sounds like the switch in the tournament was a good and a bad thing. Glad it is done for you guys - it was HOT! Have a good rest of your day!

Nina_VK said...

BUMMER! Well, I bet they tried hard and had fun! Thats what counts. :)

Drive safe if you go see your Grandpa tomorrow!!
TTYL!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

S Huiz said...

WHEW! I am tired just reading your post. Sounds like a lot of running around. I did think it seemed unfair that they would have to play such older kids. I hope the chemo helps your grandpa- sorry he has to grow through all of that. Where was Dance Connection again? I signed Sadie up at the new one in Zeeland just to try out. It is expensive for a 2 year old, but I thought I"d give it a try and see if she likes it for a few weeks. Hope you can get some rest from all your running soon.

Dan M. said...

Sounds like a hot time. Way to go Landon. Sorry we couldn't be there to watch you!

Love ya-
Grandpa