August 12, 2007

All is quiet...

So I think I'm gonna start participating in this challenge... Daily Something, on my own of course. But here is my first entry...




Let me explain the photo... we went to visit my grandpa today. I've officially been updated and the prognosis doesn't look good. I'm actually feeling quite down and overwhelmed right now. Long story short... he will be starting chemo (1 6hr treatment for now) and radiation (10m/day, daily) next week. THey are being very aggresive and there are terrible risks involved with this treatment. It is very hard on the heart and his heart isn't all that strong to begin with. He had the option to forgo treatment in which case the cancer would be terminal, giving him 6months-1yr to live with mild chemo treatments and morphine for pain. AFter starting the treatment he can opt to stop at any time. When the treatment is finished he will have to have surgury to remove part of his esophogus that will be burned from the radiation. He will have a feeding tube inserted this week b/c he will not be able to eat once the radiation takes it's toll. My uncle is in town staying with him indefinately b/c he will need 24/7 care for the duration of the treatment. He will more than likely end up in the hospital after a few weeks of the treatment. So... we all know that God is capable of miracles... let's pray for one!

Good news though... we sold the van tonigh! So now we won't have two car payments this month, so happy about that! Thrilled to be completely honest!

My hard drive had some crazy wierd files on it when I tried to access my pics... not sure if it's from the camera or the hard drive so I'm furiously burning files right now to avoid a giant loss of pictures!

I think my little guy is getting a tooth too! Finally! I swear I see something on the bottom, but I've been wrong before, if it really is a tooth it should pop through in the next few days!

Oh, and as far as my previous posts about being upset with someone, I was able to talk with this person this weekend and am feeling a little better. So, all is well!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

Oh Lynette- I am so sorry about your grandpa. That is a lot to face, and I will certainly pray for a miracle.

Glad you sold your van- that is awesome! Also happy for you that you talked to the person you were upset with and feel better about things.

Hope you can salvage your pictures- scary!

sharon said...

Glad someone is able to stay with your grandpa. Hope your visit was a good one. When my dad died of cancer it was hard but I'm so glad he went peaceful to the Lord and his suffering was done. Let me know if you need help with the kids, I'm here for your family. Glad all feelings were resolved and your better about things. TTYS
The kid that died this weekend was from our church. Sam Meengs was in our youth group with Dan and I. His sister will be in 11th grade this year.Pray for us please with the funeral and all. He was a great kid and awesome swimmwer. He will be surely missed, but God needed him in heaven for a reason. Everyone who reads this please pray for the family and his Hope college family. He would've been a soph this year. Please pray for the other girl too. She was 19 and also at Hope. God Bless!!!

Nina_VK said...

SO SORRY to hear about your Grandpa. Definately will pray for a miracle.

So happy to hear that you talked things through with the other person, and yay you sold your van!! I can't imagine how great that feels!

If you have any questions about your computer/hard drive let me know. My DH is a computer nerd (ment in the nicest way LOL) and can help ya if you need it. Just shoot me an e-mail or something.

Have a good day

Amanda said...

All kinds of stuff to comment on here - basically ditto what everyone else said so far in the comments. I will continue to pray for your grandpa and yeah for the van selling! Always a good thing to burn the photos and LO's anyway!!!

Have a good week Lynette - love the idea of the daily journal of sorts!