August 16, 2007

We have a ...

tooth! Yes, that's right... Elliot's first tooth broke through finally! He is only 11 months old so it's about time! I have only had a few little glimpses of it, he likes to play with it with his tongue so he's constantly covering it up! I can't believe he will be one next month, it couldn't possibly be a year ago that I was in the hospital delivering him could it? When we had him we were for sure that he would be our last baby... and we still were until 3 months ago (but we all know that story by now). My problem right now is that I still really am ok with only three kids (did I say only?), but I had it in my head two weeks ago that there would be four children running around this house one day (OK, maybe, hopefully not this house, but you know what I mean). And I was overwhelmed by the idea, but ok with it none the less. Now I don't know what I want though... are we still good with three or do we want a fourth? I'm just waiting to hear or feel a clear message from God, but I want instant results (did I ever tell you I like immediate gratification?), I really don't want to wait at all, but maybe that's what he is trying to teach me... patience! I don't like to learn new things though... expecially things I ahve to wait to learn!

Speaking of learning, I'm really wondering what I'm going to do when the kids return to school and I'm tossing around the idea of either working more (or at all I guess) or *gulp* going to school. I kinda like the idea of Web Design, but I would have a LOT to learn. Problem is I can't learn from reading books, I need instruction, so just looking at books gives me no idea if that's something I would like or not. Something along the same lines of web design would be ok too... just not sure what's out there... I need to go online and check some more things out. Matt is actually all for the idea, suprisingly, I thought with the money involved he would want me to wait!

Elliot has once again woken up early from a nap... couldn't it be from teething? I better go get him before he get's mad! Speaking of mad... he has this new thing he does that is so enjoyable... if we take anything away from him (like phones or controllers etc) he throws a fit, screaming as loud as he can (which is LOUD). He will eventually give up, but it's so annoying and like I said he isn't even one... I'm sure it will only get worse!

Enjoy your afternoon!

3 comments:

Nina_VK said...

YAY! go Elliot!! I would tell you to ake a picture of it so we can see, but you probably already did. LOL :)
I would love to go back to school some day too. But the problem with me is that I want to do everything. Would love to go to hair school just for fun, and become a nurse, do design work, along with being a photographer, Mom and Wife of course. LOL I think for now I will stick with photographer, wife, and MOM until then :)

S Huiz said...

Maybe Elliot is joining the screaming ranks of Sadie!!!! Enjoy those fits- hopefully no one at your house laughs at him as not to reward his fits like they do at our house. Fun stuff! Don't worry about the late tooth- all of our kids teethed late, and the dentist said that is actually so much better for their teeth. Cobe was still toothless at a year. I know what you mean about going back to school. I dreaded it when I had to, but then enjoyed every moment of the time I was there/studying etc. It really makes you grow and think and is very rewarding. You'd be good at so many things that I am sure you have a lot of options to choose from. Web Design would be a lucrative career right now and fun too! I am sure you will get your answer about more kids in some form or fashion. God's timing is the perfect timing- we just don't see that. Did I mention wanting to sell a house or two on MY time??? :-) Have a good weekend. We are here and Ryan is working all weekend. Give me a call if you want to get together soon.

Amanda said...

Yeah for the first tooth - get a pic of it the first chance you get!!!