July 1, 2007

All about our trip...

So, I got there wednesday night around 8:00, Elliot was still up, but Matt said he had been doing great all day! And all in all he was wonderful during the day all long weekend. It was the nights that were terrible (oh, and naptime). Thursday was pretty cold so we decided to go into Traverse City to go shopping. We went downtown, to the mall and drove through the outlet mall. We got some popcorn at popkins, Landon and Bailey got Michigan colors and Matt and I got some yummy cheddar stuff! In the evening we went out for dinner at Boone's Long Lake Inn for some yummy (and expensive) steaks. Friday we decided to go swimming at the lake in the state park (Duck Lake), the kids had a great time, I ended up leaving early to go give Elliot a nap while it was quiet. Everyone came back from the lake that day with swimmers itch though, terribl swimmers itch. There is a picture below, but I don't think you can see the spots all that well, I would have thought they had chicken pox if Matt didn't have them too. Both kids were covered in spots from neck down! We tried calamine lotion and caladryl (calamine lotion with Benedryl in it). Not sure either one gave that much relief though. On Friday afternoon Mark and Meghan arrived with thier kids so my kids were very excited. Even Elliot was excited to see Parker! Saturday was Landon's birthday, after presents (he got a digital camera, xbox game, basketball cards, and a DDR dance pad) we decided to go swimming in the Traverse City Bay at the state park there, absolutely beautiful and clean. The water was kinda chilly, but the kids didn't care, they played mostly in the sand anyway. They were trying to fill up a hole with water and they found a "balloon" on the beach and were filling that up and carrying it to the hole... let's just say the balloon they found wasn't round, it was long, we had quite a laugh out of that one! When we got back the kids had a water fight with water balloons, we made pizza hobo pies and some fruit ones and then I headed home (see previous post). Now Elliot is happily sleeping in his own bed, I have to say that he grinned so large when we walked in the door, he was trhilled to be home and in his own bed! Matt adn the kids will be home soon, so I'm trying to get a little downtime as I know I will be busy unpacking and cleaning when they get home!

As far as how I've been feeling, I've been GREAT! Still just to good, I have to wonder if everything is ok, but I have to trust that it is. I go to the doctor again next week, so hopefully we can hear a heartbeat then and I will be reassured! Hope you all had a great weekend, enjoying this wonderful, not to hot weather!




4 comments:

Nina_VK said...

WOW, that sounds like a ton of fun!! What great memories your children will have when they grow up!!
YOur pictures are so cool! My FAVORITE is the one of Elliot with his back to the camera and you can see the white clouds in the BLUE sky infront of him. so cute!!

Have a great week chica!!

S Huiz said...

Getting caught up... Hey! I haven't been able to blog check for a week. STILL don't have a computer- hopefully tonight. I enjoyed seeing all of your pictures from camping. Sorry about your uncle. Seems like a sad situation. Once again, I am very excited for you for your pregnancy!! You are an awesome mom and God has truly blessed you. Call me- we are here today, tomorrow, and Friday. We are heading to the cottage Tues. night until Thurs. night. Take care!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great time minus the swimmers itch - YUCK!!! Glad you got there safe and had fun. Too bad Elliot didn't sleep so well - that is soooo hard in a camper - ruins a lot of people's experience! Have a great week!

Kari said...

Great pictures Lynette! I love the one of Bailey at the end- she's beautiful! See ya tomorrow. ;)