July 5, 2007

4th

So our fourth of July was pretty good. Matt got up early Wednesday morning and went fishing (bringing home 3 big salmon=10 portions!), which meant that Bailey slept with me Tuesday night, used to be fun, now she kicked me in the head so many times I'm suprised I'm not black and blue.

So then we left to go up north to my grandparents for a grill out in the early afternoon. The kids were able to go swimming too. Elliot loved to be in the water and insisted on putting his face in the water over and over and over! Crazy kid! We ate our chicken and some other yummy food, swam some more and then we headed home to make it to Celebration Freedom put on by WJQ (favorite radio station). There was a waterski show that we thought would be fun to watch and the band from our church was singing on stage, always fun to watch! We ran into the Overweg's down there and Madison was able to stay and watch the firworks with us (made Bailey so very happy!). Landon spent much of our time waiting practicing with his Heely's, those things are way harder than they look, I tried them out and fell right over!

We also were crazy enough to take Elliot with us for the firewords, we were totally unsure how that would work out b/c normal bedtime is between 7 and 8, fireworks don't start til 10:15, quite a time difference. He did GREAT though, we were so thrilled. He played around and cuddled and stuff until the lights went out and then the fireworks started and he just laid in my lap watching! He was in and out of sleep by that time though! It was wonderful though, I was so happy he did so well! It did take us 45 minutes to get home which was definately frustrating, and the most frustrating part was that I didn't see any police officers directing traffic, now maybe we just were on the wrong streets, but seriously it was so incredibly busy! Who knows though, I'm sure there was a reason, I was just getting crabby by the time we got out of traffic. We didn't get home until 11:50 and Matt had to go get formula yet (Family Fare closed at midnight, so we were cutting it close!).

Matt was thrilled (and I was very sad) when my camera battery died. So I wasn't able to get any great pictures, I was hoping to get some of the fireworks, but whatever, they will be the same thing next year...

So, I hope you all had as much fun as we did celebrating our country's freedom. Oh yeah, and I'm still curious about reviews on the books if anyone knows anything! (see previous post)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Look at Bailey's CUTE glasses!!! Sounds like you had a great time on the 4th! Can't believe Elliot actually likes putting his face in the water - how great!

S Huiz said...

What a bummer that your battery died! Glad you guys had a great celebration. Cobe is begging for Heely's but I haven't given in yet- too expensive!!!! Maybe his nana can buy him some when we go to NC again. I would have liked to see you try them!!! :-)

Kari said...

Thanks so much for letting Maddie stay with you guys!!! What a treat for her! I'm so glad Elliot did great- sometimes you just never know with those little ones! ;)

Nina_VK said...

Super cute pics, and what a bummer your battery died!!! If you need any pics of the fireworks for a LO or something let me know, I have a ton!

So happy Elliot did so well for ya! Isa did good until we had to sit in traffic for FOREVER-ugh.

Anyway, Happy belated 4th to ya!!! :)