July 22, 2007

Bridge to Terebithia

Landon and I started reading the book a while back because the movie was coming out and I remember reading it when I was younger and loving it, I did remember being sad at some part, but wasn't sure why. Note to self... refresh myself on the movie before watching it with kids. Landon and I never finished the book but tonight I rented the movie (I'll admit, I've wanted to see it since it came out). Matt is fishing so Landon, Bailey and I watched it together. Have you seen it? Scary and sad both. There were parts that I was a little scared, not really scared I guess, but maybe jumpy, so imagine the kids. Then **** spoiler**** the boys friend dies, so here enters sadness. Both kids were crying, but didn't want ot turn it off (should probably have made a mom decision and just shut it off, but really after this point it got better). I just laid in bed with them, trying to put thier mind at ease with talk of purses, shoes (both high heels and basketball shoes), basketballs, NBA players. Not sure it helped, but the light is on so hopefully that helps them go to sleep easier. So all in all, I would recommend this movie, but not for kids. I'm kicking myself righ tnow for allowing my kids to watch it. (Note: my kids have never really gotten scared by a movie).

And, I just realized that I haven't shared any layouts here in a while. I've been a little slow in the scrapping, just can't get any ideas and normally just end up deleting everything I've done. So here are a few that I've done... and finished!


All credits can be seen here.

Tomorow might be a beach day, we'll have to see how I feel in the morning. The water is really cold, so I'm not all that motivated, but it does kinda sound fun... It will be a short trip if we go though... Elliot's naps don't allow for to much time out of the house lately! (His naps were messed up both days this weekend, so we can't skip again for sure).

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

What a sassy girl you have there- ADORABLE!!!!! Very sweet LO of you and your grandpa- one I have a feeling you will cherish for a lifetime. Good work! Enjoy the beach- if you change your mind and want to hit the pool instead, Tina and I will probably go in the a.m. sometime. Just call.

Amanda said...

I LOVE the LO's - thanks for sharing them here again! Have a good day whatever you decide to do - naps are so hard to work around, but a nightmare if there are too many "off" days!

Anonymous said...

My 3 saw the movie. They are older but were realy sad at times and a little jumpy, just not knowing what to expect. So hard to judge kid's movies anymore. Great LO of you and your Grandpa, glad to hear he's doing better. Beach was hot!!
Loved playing with Elliot, had my baby fix for the day.