July 17, 2007

All about food...

So remember the craving I had yesterday for olives... and I said I would get them today, well, no suprise here, I went to Pereddies and picked some up! We've been there for dinner like twice but I've never gone just for thier deli til today and I would highly recommend it! They had a cooler full of olives, some which are stuffed on-site with things like feta, gorgonzola and garlic, and pasta salads that they make themselves. They have a cooler of cheeses, tons of different wines, pastas and much more! Everything looked so good! (And best yet, if you go on thier website (see link above) you can get coupons!!!!). I picked up a fresh foccacia bread with black olives, tomatoes (very yummy ones I might add), fresh mozzerella, pesto and provolone cheese, a salad with fresh mozz, grape tomatoes, asparagus and onions with some sort of dressing on it (one of my weaknesses is fresh mozz with tomatoes), this was very refreshing for a humid warm summer day! I also got olives, some feta stuffed ones and some garlic stuffed ones. The garlic ones literally have a garlic cloves shoved in and I would highly recommend not talking to anyone for quite some time after eating one, but they are delicious! I also got some brie cheese, love that with pears (which I don't have), or crackers! I will probably have that for lunch tomorow! I'm so happy I made the trip and I'm sure I will be back soon!



For dinner tonight I made this yummy looking salad, it was great too! I got the recipe off AllRecipe dot com, it's called Amy's Barbecue Chicken Salad (look it up!). Basically it had Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avacado, corn, bbq'd chicken (grilled), french onions and the dressing was equal parts ranch and bbq sauce. I will probably add cheese next time, but all in all it was yummy! (I changed some from the recipe, but the idea is the same)


Tonight I had an itch for some reason to go to an antique store. Just from blog hopping I've seen some really inspiring stuff and I've decided I like the Shabby Chic look (my house is FAR from that). The one time I mentioned going to Matt he was FAR from interested, but tonight I tricked him into going (kinda), so his mom watched the kids (thanks Marilyn) and we headed a little north, the first one... not open, further north, the second one... not open, so we headed back south, third one... not open either, so there goes that idea (but I definately still want to try again)! So we headed to Kilwins instead where Matt got ice cream and I got a yummy caramel apple! Then we "car shopped" a bit, just looking for now, but I'm apalled at how much cars are... rediculous!

So anyway, hopefully I didn't make you hungry or give you a craving! Have a great night!

5 comments:

Nina_VK said...

OMGoodness! Pereddies is one of my FAVORITE places to eat!! I love their Greek salads...YUM!!! They have the biggest and best olives don't they?!?! Love it! Your are so making me want to go there soon. :)

Thanks for the heads up in that salad! It looks super good!

Nina_VK said...

I forgot to tell you I LOVE your banner!! Super adorable! I just did mine too last week, I think, but I think I'll be changing it again soon. LOL :)

Amanda said...

Wow wow wow! What nummy looking food - unfortunately I am so picky I wouldn't even eat any of it - LOL!

Anonymous said...

OK, I just put on 20lbs of sympathy pregnancy weight just looking at the pics. Call me next time you go, Olives of any kind are my fav and I've never gone there. Antiqueing(misspell) is so much fun, southern girls love to do that. Call me when you want to go again.Have a great rest of the week. Give Elliot a kiss for me too.

S Huiz said...

I should have added olives to my list of foods I don't like- oops! Your picture made them look good, however, I know they aren't to me!!!! :-) The salad looks great though and we LOVE asparagus over here at our house. What kind of car are you looking for? Can't get rid of that van with another babe on the way! Ryan and I went antiquing one night because we had something to sell, and realized that night that most of the stores closed at 6:00. We got to a place right at 6:00 and sold our dresser, so we didn't look around much. Sharon is right- the South and antiques go hand-in-hand! See you in a little while!