July 16, 2007

Monday

First... this weekend...
I already said what we did on Friday in a previous post (at least I think I did...) and I think maybe Saturday too, so I'll start with Saturday night... really you may just want to skip this whole paragraph cuz the weekend was nothing special! I went for delicious dinner at Samantha's on Saturday night (which felt like Friday since Matt worked all day), we had chicken sandwiches with a honey mayo sauce (yeah, she didn't tell me that it was mayo, kinda had an idea but went for it anyway, it wasn't bad, but I wasn't thrilled later either, the thought of eating mayo disgusts me, it's not just the taste see #8 below), green beans, spinach strawberry salad and fruit salad, followed by cheesecake for dessert! It was great to see the girls again and catch up! I actually didn't get home until after midnight... way to late for me! Hours later than I normally am in bed!
Sunday we went to church then we headed up to grandville for lunch and I needed to find some transitional clothes, I'm definately not ready for maternity stuff, but everything that isn't sweats is getting really really tight, and as much as I would love to wear sweatshorts every day, it just doesn't work that way! We ate at TGIFridaysd which I haven't had in a long long time so that was a great treat! After we got home I laid down to rest and Matt left to go fishing with Landon. We (Bailey, Elliot and I) went to Matt's moms to visit for a bit and then to my parents to visit, then home to do nothing (except get Elliot into bed)!
Today I woke up with energy and motivation. I've decided to thouroughly (I know that isn't spelled right and I know Sarah likes to find mistakes so this is for you Sarah) clean one room per day and I dug right in. I went for the "formal" living room. It's a room that is oddly shaped (very rectangular) but holds our good furniture with just a little little t.v. mounted on the wall (see #29 below). I moved a very large cabinet (with help from Sharon) from the dining room to the living room, moved all of Elliots toys and diapers (which used to be in the family room) to that cabinet and the shelves that we have in there, dusted the furniture, vacuumed good (hey, I think that's another spelling mistake). I hung a new shower curtain, cleaned the tub, vacumed the rest of the house and packed up a bunch of pictures and boxes. I was very impressed with how much I got done today, but I'm crashing now.

Some Funny Elliot Moments From the Day:
*He discovered where the tub is and stood by it and threw an absolute fit until I gave in and gave him a bath (he ended up taking another one an hour later to get all the dinner off of him). Funniest part of his fit was all he had on was a t-shirt, his bottom has had a terrible rash so I was letting him run around without it. So little bare bottom boy was pounding and screaming on the side of the tub... of course I got pictures!
*He HATES clothes. We let him sleep in a diaper, but getting him dressed during the day isn't an option and he pulls on those clothes thinking he can get them off, crying until he finally forgets that it's there.
*He is trying to talk. I truly don't think he knows he's doing it but it's cute. Today he said "Dexter" (our dog") and "Doggy" (along with ma-ma and da-da, which he uses correctly). I wouldn't count it as his first words cuz I think he's just copying sounds, but it's cute none the less.

Right now I'm craving olives... from Pietro's (did I mention below that I'm kinda picky about my food). Good, big, olives, stuffed with garlic or cheese, or something else yummy! But Matt won't go get them for me, so I will be making a trip tomorow... see #19 below

Does anyone know anyone that lays linolium (another sp mistake I'm sure). we've called two different people, one doesn't do linolium and the other never showed up when he was supposed to. I'm sick of the flooring in our bathroom being ripped and torn and want something new!!!!!! (We already have the flooring, just need it layed)

Here's a few pics from the beach... these are the only two I'm happy with, and this is after tons of work already...




With that I wish you a great week!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

You spelled vacuumed correctly. Thoroughly was spelled incorrectly. Grandville should be capitalized, and I have no idea how to spell linoleum. Haha Just kidding. Even after posting how I like to find mistakes, my dad emailed me a mistake in my posting!!!!! I make a ton of mistakes when emailing and blogging and do not take the time to edit. So don't think I am editing yours either!!!! I think the 2 pictures from the beach turned out great- too bad you didn't get more. I liked the ones from the Fish and Game Club too, though. I am proud of your motivation!!! Good going with all that cleaning. That is the one mistake I made with putting the house on the market- I cleaned, but didn't really box up excess stuff, and I should have. I think a clutter-free house shows better. Your dinner Sat. night sounds yummy! I do not know anyone who lays linoleum. Sorry! Enjoy your rainy Tuesday. I am good with meeting tomorrow a.m.- would 9:15 work????

Amanda said...

Great post - all kinds of good info again. I wish I could help you with a linoleum "layer", but I don't know of anyone off hand. You could call Carpet Bonanza or something and maybe they will give you some names. Most of the guys that do it are on their own - not thru carpet bonanza actually so they can do it without you having to purchase it thru there!
Sounds like you are nesting already - LOL - I am horrible!

Kari said...

Olives were sooo good... I may have to get some of those myself. yum! I feel like Ryan knows someone who lays linoleum, but can't think of who it is at the moment. I'll get back to you if I do. TGIFridays sounds really good too- Jack Daniels Chicken Strips are the best!