July 28, 2007

Results

Yesterday my SIL Bobbie and I went to visit my grandpa. He lives south of us a bit in a cool little town. We stopped for lunch downtown at a little cafe that was pretty cool, and surrounded by other cool places. Bobbie and I split an Eggplant lasagna (b/c of the ravings of EJ about this particular dish) and it was wonderful! After lunch we went to my grandpas for a visit. He had gone for a PET scan Thursday (not sure if that's how it's spelled, but that's how it's pronounced) and had gone to get results Friday morning. It is cancerous, he has an appt with a doctor (I would suspect an oncologist) soon (he was waiting for an appt while I was there) to figure out a plan of action I suppose. We did a few things around the house for him, went to the bank, paid some bills and then Elliot had had enough and was exhausted so we had to head out before the child drove me INSANE! You would have thought the boy would have slept at least the entire hour home, but no such luck, only about half an hour and then no other nap the rest of the day... and he didn't go to bed til almost 9 (he was in bed, but talking... LOUDLY).

So that's my update, again I appreciate your continued prayers!

Today nothing much going... Ihave to run to target and get a bag to wrap a gift in and then I have a shower to go to in the afternoon, leaving Matt with all the kids (except Bailey), all the kids being Landon, Elliot, Angela and Dimitri. I think that tomorow we are going to head to Binder Park zoo, Elliot hasn't been to a zoo yet and I anticipate him enjoying it quite a bit. He has to get good naps today for that to work though!

Matt was fishing last night... he called me after 20 minutes in the water and had already caught 2 fish... I knew that call would be bad luck though. I called him 2 hours later and they still only had 2. They did end up catching 4 more before coming in though, so he had some cleaning to do when he got home. Luckily Kyle stayed and helped him. So maybe we will have fish again tonight, although I'm kinda craving some fried fish adn I won't fry Salmon, I want perch... oh well, use what you got, right?

OK, this post is wierd and rambling, sorry! Typing and watching little einstiens and my son dancing to the songs... kinda distracted! Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

I will pray for your grandpa- sorry it is cancerous. What town does he live in? Have fun at the zoo!!!

Nina_VK said...

Your Grandpa is for sure in my prayers! That is great that you guys went to visit and help him. I'm sure he appreciates that so much!


Hope you had a great day!