July 26, 2007

Happenin's

A pic of myself and my five year old little girl... the last day she will ever be five!!! (So sad...)

This morning Bailey got up and went to Libby Lu with Grandma Maly and Angela to get her hair done, they went and did a little shopping and then out for lunch. Bailey was so excited to get her hair and makeup done and go shopping (seriously, the girl LOVES to shop)! After that it was hanging out at home for a bit, Ange stayed to play and Morgan stopped by with a present for Bailey and stayed for a bit to play also. Matt came home after work and Bailey was able to open her presents from Mom and Dad and then it was off to her party. Initially we were supposed to go to the beach, but changed those plans and met at the park where there was a shelter. Lucky for the change of plans because just minutes after we got there it started storming, thunder, lightening, rain and all that fun stuff! We still had fun though, we had pizza and instead of cake we did donuts (by the way again Sarah... she did add in a few extras this time). Bailey got to open up all of her presents... and enjoyed doing it to I might add. I think she had a wonderful day and I'm so happy for her. I wish she would quit growing up, but know that that isn't what is supposed to happen, so I will just try to embrace each day that she is my "little" girl, even the days that she makes it very hard to enjoy... and trust me those seem to be getting more and more, love her dearly (have I ever said that?????!!!!??) but her little attitude needs to GO!
And then there was this highlight for Elliot... he seriously was in LOVE! Didn't even mind when the dog scratched and nipped at him!
So tomorow, Bobbie (my sister-in-law) and I are going to visit my grandpa with the kids in the afternoon, definately will be messing the boys naps up, but hopefully that means shorter naps, Matt is fishing tomorow night leaving me home alone with the little ones so an early bedtime wouldn't be a bad thing (again... love him dearly... but sometimes nights drag on if it's been a long day).

So yeah... I'm gonna finish my donut and head to bed! Great combo huh, but there were leftovers and they were calling my name!!!!

3 comments:

Nina_VK said...

So stiking cuuute!!! They grow so fast don't they...wow...6 years old! :) Looks like it went well...thats AWESOME!!
What a good idea--donuts instead of cake, they can grab their own and it's easy clean-up!

S Huiz said...

I love Elliot's big grin with the dog!!!! Who is that Sarah that got the dog? Bailey looks like she had a great birthday- sorry the weather didn't cooperate for you. I'm glad V's came through for you and gave you extras!!!! Especially after shorting you one last time. :-) Thanks for the comment- I'm still working on Lisa becoming a cool kid!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Bailey. Glad the weather held off enough to enjoy the party. Elliot looks like he enjoyed it as much as the b-day girl. The puppy is way too cute. Hope your weekend is calm and great. Tell Matt good-luck with fishing.