July 5, 2007

Summer Reading...

So I just got home from Baker Books and picked up a few things that I think I could read this summer... on is this

Book Description
....I fear this might cause you considerable grief...But Julius was right, you deserve to know the truth. A fictional narrative written in a memoir format and highlighted by unique chronological symbols, Witness is Mary Magdalene¿s story of how she came to know Jesus and became one of His closest friends. A great tool for witnessing.


I read a few pages and am hooked already!

Another one I got (was on sale for CHEAP) was this one...

Book Description
Now available in hardcover, 90 Minutes in Heaven is the runaway bestseller about one man’s experience with death and life. As Baptist minister Don Piper drove home from a conference, his car collided with a semi-truck that had crossed into his lane. Piper was pronounced dead at the scene. For the next 90 minutes, he experienced the glories of heaven, where he was greeted by those who had influenced him spiritually, and he experienced true peace. Back on earth, a passing minister who had also been at the conference felt led to pray for the accident victim even though he was told Piper was dead. Miraculously, Piper came back to life, and the pleasure of heaven was replaced by a long and painful recovery. For years Don Piper kept his heavenly experience to himself. Finally, friends and family convinced him to share his remarkable story. An inspiring and encouraging account, 90 Minutes in Heaven continues to touch and comfort millions of people around the world as it offers a glimpse of inexpressible heavenly bliss.


And the other one I got which I'm excited to start on is a study by Beth Moore called "A Woman's Heart: God's dwelling place". Ever since BSF has gotten done I haven't made nearly enough time to study my bible and I've heard amazing things about Beth Moore, so thought I would give it a try! Get my head back where it should be hopefully! I totally know that God was leading me to this book too, I was looking at all my options of hers and kept going back and forth and finally just grabbed this one and left... it wasn't until I got home and started looking through it more did I realize that it's on the old testament... not my favorite testament by far! I dread reading from the old testament, but this will be good for me, maybe it will make it easier, it will stretch me I'm sure!

So has anyone read any of these? Any reviews/thoughts?

Hopefully everyone had a great fourth... I will try to share some pics and stories of our day later, now I'm off to the grocery store and pick up the kids from church, goodness how I love this 2 1/2 hour break! (Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but my house is so so so quiet right now)!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Sounds like good reads- I haven't read any of them. I have heard good things about Beth Moore too so you'll have to let me know how you like it. I have been horrible about studying the bible without BSF. I need that discipline back in my life!!!!

Amanda said...

Books look great - I just never read unfortunately! Good for you for picking them up!!! I am sure they can't be bad!

I have taken a Beth Moore online bible study that was GREAT! Challenging - but great! I am sure you will like that one for sure!

Nina_VK said...

Love Beth Moore, I also did a Bible study online too, and it was great! You'll have to give a review on these books for sure. I LOVE books, any kind-- it's kind of an addiction for me. I buy so many, and sometimes don't even finish the books. LOL...oops. :)Ever need kids books to check out...I have my own little library...lol. :)

Anyway, can't wait to hear how you like them!! :)
Have a great one!!