July 24, 2007

So mad right now...

So I realize I've posted a lot in the last 24 hours, but I'm so worked up right now... I just returned form the doctor, my endocronologist who takes care of my diabetes doctor. This is the first time I've seen him since I found out I was pregnant again. First of all I had to wait 40 minutes to see him... 40 MINUTES. If I had been forty minutes late they would have made me pay and said, to bad... reschedule! But obviously my time is worth NOTHING! So anyway he comes in and basically accuses me of not taking care of myself, talking down to me the whole time, making me feel like a terrible person and dumb too! I (of course) started crying, because... well, that's what I do in those situations. He had the nerve to ask me how my depression was... yes, I had some post partum depression a while back, but have since gone of my meds and feel much much better. I told him I was fine as far as the depression goes and he says "Really????". I said, "yes... I'm fine until I come here". I don't check my sugar enough (keep in mind I was a terrible diabetic after having Elliot and only checked probably 4 times per month, I realize that is terrible, but as soon as I found out I was prego again, I started checking way more regularly, so really checking it 2x per week would be a gigantic step in the right direction at this point, but I'm definately checking way more than that). So the whole time I'm sitting there I'm thinking "I will NOT be back here, EVER!". I previously had an appt scheduled for September before I found out my wonderful news, so before leaving he said, "Do you want to see me in four weeks, or you have an appt set up for Sept, do you want to wait?". "WAIT" was my verbal answer, knowing in my head I would be waiting a LONG LONG LONG time to see him again.

I was fine with him and the whole office the whole time I was pregnant with Elliot, and let's be honest, that wasn't that long ago, so what changed? Why is he so awful now? So, I think I need to call my OB this week and get a referral to someone else, at this point I would rather drive to Grand Rapids than go back to him.

I have never had such a terrible experience with a doctor in my life, I've heard stories, but never experienced them first hand. So, here I sit, still crying b/c I'm still so upset (and maybe I just needed a good cry), just getting madder and madder at the man.

If you made it this far, so sorry for the vent, but I'm sure we've all experienced this kind of anger at one point or another...and this is my blog, I can vent all I want... right?

5 comments:

Nina_VK said...

He sounds like a real jerk!! Seriously, who pee'd in his cheerios??? So sorry you had to go through that. I would have cried too and I'm not even pregnat. Hopefully you have a better day!

{{Hugs}}

S Huiz said...

Oh no!!!! I react the same way when I get frustrated and mad-I cry. Doesn't mean you are depressed- just angry!!! I am sure there are other Drs. for diabetics around. Won't your OB be monitoring that closely as well since you are pregnant??? I am sorry that happened to you. Lisa has a great Dr. story- you should ask her sometime to share. It was a very similar experience with a different doctor.

Amanda said...

OH man. Ditto Nina - who pissed in his cheerios this morning? DO NOT feel bad about wanting to switch - we pay a TON of money for healthcare - you might as well be happy and comfortable. Sounds like he made you totally uncomfortable! Hope your day starts going better!

Anonymous said...

Everything will work out with God's help. Just know what your body tells you and go with your gut feeling. I'm praying for you and hoping you find a more sympathetic Dr. You deserve a stress free pregnancy. A Dr. shouldn't be the cause of any stress either. Good luck. Would you feel better If I popped his tires or something? HAHA

Susie said...

Oh my....I have looked up to since I have meet you, so excuse my french..screw him!!! There are not to my women I know that have 3 kids and do as well as you. My gosh you do way better than some women I know who are pg!! You hang in there and call me if you need anything!!!