July 9, 2007

Happenings...

Saturday:
Matt worked all day so I was home alone with kiddo's! Bailey ended up going to Matt's mom's house to play and Landon went swimming in the afternoon with Austin, all while Elliot napped, so it was quiet here and I was dying for a nap... didn't happen. Saturday night Matt and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner (the kids were at my parents) and then picked up the kids and went to the Overweg's to hang out for a bit. I was so tired by the end of the night, but again... couldn't fall asleep.
Sunday:
We went to church in the morning and then Matt's mom came over to watch Elliot while Matt and I took Bailey & Landon to see this. Good movie, just one part I was not impressed with, they showed Linguine drinking a bottle of wine, totally trashed. Slurring and everything. Could probably have portrayed that a different way. The one thing I was really unimpressed with was the cost of popcorn. Really it was no big suprise how much it would cost, but we didn't eat lunch and totally LOVE popcorn, especially movie theater popcorn with extra butter (yeah, we do NOTHING fat free). We got one popcorn and two pops to share with the kids, thinking "REFILLS", yeah, they limit the popcorn to only one refill! I was so mad, so very mad I tell ya! In the evening we went out for dinner with Matt's mom to Logans! Yummy stuff! ONce again I tried going to bed early, but once again, sleep didn't come. I think I've developed some insomnia... I was so incredibly tired, I even looked exhaused, but yet couldn't sleep. I have a dr appt tomorow so I will be seeing what we can do about this... it just can not continue!
Today:
Once we finally all woke up we headed down to St Joe to visit my grandpa and my uncle who was in town from Wisconsin and then went to visit my grandma too. Got home around 2 and Elliot has been sleeping off and on ever since since he didn't get a good nap (b/c mom forgot the beloved blankie). Tonight we went to take pics at the Fish and Game club and then the kids (and I) were able to ride on the neighbors "train", he took barrels and put wheels on them (all very nicely done) and put seats in the barrels and pulls it behind the golf cart. Elliot loved it, I felt a little silly being so big, but it was worth it for Elliot!
I started my Beth Moore study and I have to say I'm lovin' it. It feels so good to be back in the word. I highlighted some parts I wanted to share... it may be a bit choppy, but so good and applicable to all lives!
God did not create us so that He could have the front row seat an an ongoing saga of our follies and failures. He created us because he delights in us!
God created us not because he needed us but b/c he wanted us! Just think about it: He doesn't just love us; He also LIKES us!
"Follow Your Heart" is the stuff of fairy tales and the stuff of many a nightmare. For this reason God exhorts us continually throughout His Word to give Him our whole hearts. We might occassionally be able to change our circumstances, but only God can change our hearts. "If only..., then I should be happy" are words that often infade our thoughts. Attaining all of our "if only's" simply gives birth to a new set. Just as we get what we thought we had to have, all of the rules seem to change. And isn't it frightening that we could finally talk God into giving us all we desire? Psalm 106:15 says "He gave them what they wished for but sent a wasting disease upon them"
So, that's just a bit of the hightlighted stuff... I'm sure I will be sharing more very very soon!
Now, for some pictures!










These pics are straight from the camera, I have a lot to work to do on them yet, the grass wasn't really alive either, so I have to figure out how to make it greener in the pics... hmmmmmmm, that could take a while! In the meantime, enjoy your week, don't get to hot!

Funny... thought I better explain, Amanda just commented that it looked like Elliot was sticking his tongue out in his pics but its really just his pacifier (clear on the outside and orange in the middle), he was extra tired and didn't want to give it up all that quickly!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I am giggling at these pics b/c it looks like Elliot is maybe sticking his tongue out in a lot of them! So cute! I saw that cool barrel contraption down the road - how cool! Have a great week - I hope your Dr. Appt went good!

Anonymous said...

Notice the time on this, I too can't fall asleep to save my life. Cute pics of the kids. Glad to hear you're feeling OK except for what we all need, SLEEP!! Hope your appt went well. Maybe lack of sleep means it's a girl. Had it also with Morgan, Dr. did say to take something, can't remember now though, Sorry. Have a great week. Danny's 1st Allstar game tommorow, say a BIG PRAYER, please!!!

Kari said...

Cute pics! I remember Heidi saying she couldn't sleep either and used Tylenol PM-or Tylenol Simply Sleep. See what your Dr. says about it. See you in a little while ;)

S Huiz said...

I love that "train"!!! Someone took a lot of time to make that. I have no idea where Pier Cove is- Lisa has been so she is taking us. She said it is awesome- has a creek flowing into the lake. I don't think it is too far south from us???? You are welcome to join us if you want to go- just give me a call. I assume we'll leave around 1:00 to go. Hope you can soon get some much needed sleep.

Nina_VK said...

CUte pictures!!! Totally LOVE that train, how fun is that!!!
I hope you get more sleep!! I hate that feeling of not being able to sleep! I hope your appt went well!
Have a good day girlie!!

S Huiz said...

I forgot to tell you how much I like all the gray/black combinations that the kids were wearing in the clothes- makes for a nice picture!