July 21, 2007

Update on my Grandpa

Well, we just returned from his house and I'm a little more comfortable with the situation right now. He is better than I thought (although I have to admit I was conviced he would die this week, maybe that sounds cold, but the way he sounded on the phone with me made me sure that was the case), he has probably lost 30 pounds in the two weeks it's been since I've seen him, so definately not good. His doc wants him to try to drink some Ensure and he had two of those down when I got there, I stopped and got him some more and some Jello to try and he ate one of those to while I was there and was sipping water. He is able to move around a little, but definately get's worn out FAST. We did a bunch of cleaning, laundry and yard work for him which I know he appreciated so so so much! I hope to go down there again this week or weekend to check on him and maybe do some more laundry/dishes. He has two appts this week that his brother is taking him to, so I should have updates then, but in the mean time I appreciate continued prayers. His comment to me before I left and told him I would call him was "I'm not going anywhere, unless it's the morgue". Great thought Gramps... thanks!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

Is the tumor cancerous or benign? Is he going through any treatments or can they do surgery at all? I am glad he was better than you thought, and I hope he can continue to eat at least the Ensure and jello. Prayers will continue!!!!!!

Nina_VK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nina_VK said...

So that was me that deleted the comment. LOL
Anyway, read your post wrong.
SOOOO happy that things are looking better than what you excpected!! Hopefully that will continue that way!! Prayers will for sure continue!

Amanda said...

Glad to hear that things were a bit better than you thought! Glad you got him to eat a bit and did some work for him - very sweet!