July 21, 2007

Prayers Please...

I received a call from my grandpa (mom's dad, who I am very close with) last night, he isn't doing to well. He has a tumor on his esophogus and can't eat or drink (and really hasn't been able to for weeks now). He said that yesterday he was able to drink 10oz of water. I personally can't imagine living on that and I know he doesn't have energy and is feeling terrible. He was shaking on the phone with me and actually sounded like he was crying. (Of course so was I). So we are headed there today to help him with stuff like laundry and dishes and whatever else he needs, and to get a feel for what else he may need. So, anyway, I would appreciate prayers for him, his doctors, myself and safe travels (only an hour away, but you just never know and I'm sure I will be making that trip quite a bit in the coming weeks).

Have a good weekend, I'll try and update later after we return home!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

Prayers are coming your way. Even though it is an hour away, it is nice that you are close enough to be able to go immediately when he needs you. Sorry you are going through this. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Your family is in our hearts and prayers. If you NEED anything this week, babysitting, help down there, you name it we're there for you. Let us know hows he's doing and what your family needs. God Bless!!

Nina_VK said...

Hey girl,
I read this earlier this afernoon and said a prayer for you and your family. I was crying too--unexpected right :) but my grandpa went through the same thing when he had lung cancer. Keep us updated!