May 8, 2010

Tired

I'm finding that I want to be able to do a lot more, I'm finding that a week out of surgery I feel as if I should be able to build a 10 story building, grocery shop for everyone, care for my children 100%, attend all sporting events, shop for clothes to hide this hideous body and still stay awake past 8:00.  Now obviously I'm a little ambitious.  I'm probably not going to be able to get every one's grocery shopping done.  But it's getting hard for me to sit around and watch as other take care of my needs. 

Today you may or may not have spotted me at a certain baseball game (may not would be the smartest case as it was 40 degrees and rainy out), I was determined to get there and so I drove myself there (no worries, I hadn't had pain pills in over 12 hours), but no worries, that won't happen again anytime soon.  I shopped for a bit this afternoon for some necessities, and had friends over for dinner, but now I find myself sitting on the couch watching Ice Age about ready to fall asleep.  I'm finding that small things are wearing me out very quickly, which I hate.  I think tomorrow, Mothers Day, I will be taking it easy.  I'm still undecided about church, it all depends on what kind of magic my clothes can do and my confidence level at 10 in the morning, but then there is mothers day dinner and then cake at night.  (By the way, if you are so inclined, Mary is doing cake and Ice Cream at her house if you are interested in joining us between 5-7, feel free).  Next week is supposed to be a big week as well, meeting with the oncologist on Monday, meeting with the plastic surgeon on Tuesday (please pray these drains come out, because I'm going to be completely honest and say they are a big pain in the butt), at some point I will get a port put in (possibly next week) and I'm going to guess that starting chemo won't be far behind. 

I have had the support of some amazing people.  Along with my friends who I try to mention frequently there have been some amazing women that have traveled this journey just before me that are more than willing to share their tricks/tips and advice, and for that I am so grateful!

Please note, I may not list specific prayer requests with every post, but I will try to either type them in pink or highlight them in pink (like with this post).

And, I may have referenced this before, but found it applicable for mothers day:

Proverbs 31:10-31 (The Message)

Hymn to a Good Wife


A good woman is hard to find,
and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve,
and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously
all her life long.
She shops around for the best yarns and cottons,
and enjoys knitting and sewing.
She's like a trading ship that sails to faraway places
and brings back exotic surprises.
She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast
for her family and organizing her day.
She looks over a field and buys it,
then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden.
First thing in the morning, she dresses for work,
rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started.
She senses the worth of her work,
is in no hurry to call it quits for the day.
She's skilled in the crafts of home and hearth,
diligent in homemaking.
She's quick to assist anyone in need,
reaches out to help the poor.
She doesn't worry about her family when it snows;
their winter clothes are all mended and ready to wear.
She makes her own clothing,
and dresses in colorful linens and silks.
Her husband is greatly respected
when he deliberates with the city fathers.
She designs gowns and sells them,
brings the sweaters she knits to the dress shops.
Her clothes are well-made and elegant,
and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.
When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say,
and she always says it kindly.
She keeps an eye on everyone in her household,
and keeps them all busy and productive.
Her children respect and bless her;
her husband joins in with words of praise:
"Many women have done wonderful things,
but you've outclassed them all!"
Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades.
The woman to be admired and praised
is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God.
Give her everything she deserves!
Festoon her life with praises!

Happy Mothers Day!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Lynette- Nothing that God has made is "hideous." You are a beautiful woman and nothing physically can change that. I can't imagine what you are going through but as a mom I know the feeling of wanting to be all and do all. You will get there. But give your body time. I'm sure that all the people helping you WANT to help. I'm praying for you.

josh kwood said...

Happy Mother's Day Lynette, no matter how tired and worn out you are, no matter how much others are taking care of your children right now, you are still their Mom, you are still a great Mom and they LOVE their mom!
Heather