May 4, 2010

Pathology Report

I had an appt w/ doctor Dodde this morning which ended up to be pointless, but it meant that I got to see Dr Hoberman while I was there.  She had just received the pathology report this morning, which is what we have kind of been waiting for.  The report showed that they had removed 17 lymph nodes (2 of which were the sentinel nodes) and 11 of the 17 were found to have cancer in them.  What does this mean?  Well, so far it means that next week (or at least soon) they will put in a port instead of poking me all the time and I will probably start chemo fairly quickly and will also have to undergo radiation.  It's definately not what I had hoped for.  They also thought that the two original lumps that were found were actually one, which just means it is bigger than they thought originally. 

This information all scares me.  I think originally I heard the doctors say that they didn't think it was in the lymph nodes and that there were two fairly small spots.  All pointing to the fact that they caught it early.  But now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  I will more than likely have a ct scan or a PET CT scan once I see an oncologist next week to make sure it hasn't spread any further.  Please pray that that comes back clean adn that the cancer is contained.  I'm scared of having to make decisions but am trusting God to guide both myself, my husband and the doctors in the best choices for me.  God has been so good and provided so much more than I deserve I know he will not leave me now. 

From 2 Chronicles 13:13-18 I want to raise a war cry to the Lord, he will make me victorious, just as he heard the cry of Judah and made him victorious as well.  There were 500,000 casualties at the enemy camps, I want 500,000 casualties of cancer cells in my body!  Our God is good, he is a God of miracles, a God of peace and a God of comfort, he is my God, he is my source of strength, because without him I surely woudn't make it through even just one day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette,

It will all turn out okay, this is what I told Marilyn everyday," God will take care of you". Anytime you need something, or need help, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Praying, praying and more praying for you, your family, the doctors and blessings in the midst of this storm.

Love, hugs and prayers, Mary Nykerk

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."

Anonymous said...

LYNETTE praying for you and your family.


Isaiah 41:13
For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, Fear not; I will help you.

kelli said...

Stay strong Lynette! I am thinking and praying for you and your family...

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family continuously......

Beck said...

My heart sinks with yours, yet I know that this is no surprise to the God we serve. He IS FAITHFUL. Praying from II Chronicles right along with you.

Katie said...

Hey Lynette,

Just found your blog. I have been talking to E.J. to keep up on how things are going. Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I am thinking and praying for you and your family. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Lynette,
I think of you whenever I hear "Safe in His Arms" sung by Phil Wickham.

I am so glad you could cheer on the boys at that great game tonight!!

Laurie :)

Linda said...

Lynette, Please know that my prayers are with you. I also treasure Eph. 3:20....Our God is good, and He knows our needs, and we certainly can pray expecting wonderful answers!
Will order T's and get a check in the mail for them.
Love, Linda Prince, bsf dis. group, 5 yr. ago.