May 3, 2010

Returning to normal

I desire so much to return to normal.  To be able to get up of a chair or couch or bed without any pain, to be able to put my hair in a ponytail without thinking it's a huge accomplishment.  To be able to carry my plate to the counter after dinner, or carry on a conversation w/o struggling to stay awake.  Little things that we don't normally think about.  Little things that we've just taken for granted.  I want to be free of the limitations that surgery has placed on my body and mind and be able to depend on myself again instead of everyone else to do everything for me.  But that is obviously not God's plan for me in this.  He is wanting to mold me into a dependant person, a person that is dependant on Him above anyone or anything else.  I pray that he either heal me physically or at least help me to peacefully accept my circumstances, he knows what is best for me, I just need to accept that. 

Father, please help me to turn my weakness to strength in you, help me to depend on you always, to trust in you in all circumstances.  Help me to accept my current physical and emotional circumstances, rescue me from my unrealistic expectations.  Help me to bring you glory in all circumstances.  Be with my children, bring them peace and release them from any fears they may have.  Help them to feel free to discuss any concerns they may have.  Give all of those that are so supportive the energy to keep being supportive and the energy to keep praying for us.  Thank you God for all you have provided for us in these circumstances, your love and provision is amazing.
Amen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette,
We will be praying for God to bring you peace right now, and to help you to accept help from everyone who wants to be there for you and your family. Try to accept those days on the couch as a chance to rest, pray and recharge (because moms don't get enough time to do that)! Love, The Custers :)

Beck said...

Praying the Holy Spirit's words when mine are far from sufficient.

Anonymous said...

Lynette, I'm praying that each day gets easier for you and that your pathology reports come back with good news. Take care! Kerri

Sarah said...

Amen! I can't say enough how much you amaze me. Your faith is a unbreakable- God is blessing you with an unshakeable faith! Praise Him! And love you!

Anonymous said...

Lynette, our family verse - "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, lean not on YOUR OWN understanding." I know how difficult that is, especially right now, just be assured that there are many of us praying for you and your sweet family.
Dann and Carol

Anonymous said...

Lynette,
Yesterday we heard a sermon at Harvest Bible and they are doing a series called Weathering the Storms. Yesterday's sermon was - Brace for Impact. I couldn't help but think of you and all you are going through right now. Your faith is setting such an example and we never know why things happen the way the do. But as you travel this road, I pray that God will minister to you in a mighty way as well as use you in a mighty way to show others what He is capable of! You and your precious family are continuously in our prayers. We serve a God of Miracles and He can do great things! The God that created the Heavens, created you and loves you more than you can even imagine. Blessings to you and your family, Scott and Mary

Jen said...

Lynette,
I wanted to post a note and let you know that our family will be praying for you and your family.
Your blog is amazing, your love for our Lord is so strong. Praying that His peace and strength gets you all through this.
On our knees,
the Nyberg's