May 1, 2010

Quick update

This is going to be really quick, typing isn't the easist thing right now.  Sarah has done an excellent job of updating so there really ins't much more to say.  They did take about 15 lymph nodes out and now we just wait for the pathology report to come in early this week to see how many of them were cancerous.  Obviously not the news we wanted to hear, but we will just keep pressing on.  Thank you in advance for the continued prayers, we feel such a peace because of them!

And, since Sarah mentioned it I had to add that Julie finished her 5k in  what I consider to be an excellent time, so wished I could have been there next to her running as well, but it wasn't meant to be, this time.  There will be a next time though and I will be there (w/ my pink "Fight like a girl" shirt on)!  Sarah, along with Marilyn, Mary and Julie, has done an excellent job of caring for my kids (no injuries yet that I know of), I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends looking out for me and my needs right now!

Matt and I are celebrating 11 years of marriage today, what a fancy way to celebrate huh?  Last year we didn't celebrate either, I had just had a baby 11 days earlier, next year for sure though!  God has blessed me with an amazing man that is just perfect for me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette and Matt ~ Happy Anniversary! It was great to see a post from you. We'll be praying about those lymph nodes. The Custers :)

Sarah said...

Well good grief- I didn't even know it was your anniversary. You stinker! Happy Anniversary- even though you aren't celebrating in style (or are you? Somebody else cooked your dinner tonight-too bad it was the cuisine of Holland Hospital though!) at least you two are together. And from what I hear, have a "mean game of Uno" going on! Make sure you fight like a girl and win! :) Love you bunches! Praying that the pathology report is CLEAR!!!!!

Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You are so strong girl!! We are also praying for your entire family and Sarah as well.

P.S. I found the cutest sandals for Lila today - I couldn't resist. I will send them with Matt at the next game. The Dozemans

Beck said...

Good to hear from you again! Keeping the prayers coming for a clear path report and a speedy recovery!

Amanda said...

Praying for some sleep for you tonight! Sarah was doing a GREAT job with the kids today - looks like Sadie is LOVING having Lila around! Your kids are in GREAT hands with her! Storming the gates of heaven with a good report from pathology early this week too! Happy Anniversary!

strohlie said...

Lynette, Just thought I would chime in to let you know I would love to be a faithful pray'er for you and your family. You are such a beautiful woman, wife & mom. I pray for your insides to get all cleaned up (however it needs to get done.). Rest, rest, rest & receive, girl. Love, Pam Strohl