May 18, 2010

On my heart

These are a few of the verses that have been on my heart lately, just a few I reiterate, because there are a LOT of great verses that God gives to me each day through cards, friends and devotionals.  So many that I should write a book!  (Except we already have that book, it's called the bible)!

Perfume and Incense bring joy to the heart and a sweet friendship refreshes the soul. ::  Proverbs 27:9 (NIV/MSG)

I know what I'm doing, I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for  :: Jeremiah 29:22 (MSG)

And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete.  We're free of it!  All of us!  Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face.  And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.  ::  2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (MSG)

Yes, indeed - God is my salvation.  I trust, I won't be afraid.  God - yes God! - is my strength and song, best of all, my salvation!  ::  Isaiah 12:2 (Msg)

Big day today, which is probably why I'm not sleeping.  I'm very very anxious, more to get the PET scan results than to start chemo, but God is good and he is my strength, song and salvation, he won't abandon me, he plans to give me a future I hope for (ultimately heavenbound) and he has provided me with friends to refresh my soul!  He is a good, good God!

Because obviously everyone else likes thier hair as much as I do, I have decided to do it with a few close friends and family for support, why is hair such a big thing?  Something so petty that is so overly consuming?  It will be easier to be done than to sit and think about it.

6 comments:

Beck said...

Praying, praying, praying, praying.

The VanderZwaags said...

Lots of prayers today and the days to come!


The VanderZwaags

Anonymous said...

Saying many prayers for you as you go through today!
The Bruursemas

Anonymous said...

Lots of love and prayers today! We are praying so hard for good results. Love you. Mary

Joanne said...

YOU are on MY heart SO often and I, too am praying for you.
I love the way your blog has seemed to explode in powerful scripture and strong faith. I love all the graphics and COLOR of your blog and see it as a great and wonderful blossoming of YOU and your faith...the great gift of God at work in and through you!

Jill said...

Praying for you tonight, Lynette. I thought of you often throughout the day and will be tomorrow as well.