May 5, 2010

Misc

The pain is manageable (w/ the pain meds of course).  I've come to really really like the pain meds.  Never before have I liked pain meds this much, not only do they eliminate pain but they make me sleep really really well too!  They are the best.  The only problem is keeping them all straight, which ones to take every 4 hours, 6 hours, once a day, twice a day.... but I think so far I've managed.  With the help of some friends I made it down to the junk food wagons to enjoy a funnel cake and some fries loaded with vinigar!!!  YUM!

My appointment with the oncologist has changed to Monday in Grand Rapids (although most of the treatments/appointments will take place in Holland in the future).  I'm thrilled to be able to get in sooner than expected!  I'm very ready to get these drains taken out so that I can take a shower, wash my hair on my own (although I'm very very grateful to Lindsey for washing and drying it for me).  It will be a long time before I wear a lot of my clothes again, I look a little funny right now, but sweatshirts do thier job hiding it mostly!  I'm ready mostly to know what treatments are going to follow, if the cancer has spread anywhere else and if I'm going to loose my hair.  How long is this road going to be?  So many questions that right now only God knows the answer too, I have to depend on him to guide me down this road, there is only one set of footprints here because he is carrying me!  There is peace in his arms!

3 comments:

Tara Follett said...

Lynette, I think and pray for you many times throughout the day. You are on my mind often! Today, I was actually singing a prayer for you...by myself of course. I hope this makes you laugh a little at the visual. Aunt Kate keeps me posted on how you guys are doing, and of course I read the blog. FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!!

Gabrielle said...

Hey Lynette I think it's so cool that your out and about when you are on all your meds, in pain, and just had surgery!! You ARE fighting like a girl! I am also praying and thinking about you and Matt and the kids daily....

Beck said...

So I've had this song in my head the last few days, and it has come to me when I'm praying for you and your family. (I can't guarantee that every word is right, but hopefully the message is the same. ;)

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon the promise
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord!'

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus!
O, for grace to trust Him more!