May 12, 2010

The heating pad tragedy

Yes, heating pads are tragic things.  When they can't be found it's even more tragic.  It makes a person cry.  A lot.  And then the husband comes to the rescue and finds it immediately.  I'm so lucky to have such a great husband!  An amazing husband really!  He puts up a with a lot, from me and our kids and his job, and he just keeps going.  I love him so much and am so thankful for him!  But please keep him in your prayers as well, there is plenty of stress in his life right now!
Ephesians 5:28 Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives. They're really doing themselves a favor—since they're already "one" in marriage.

So today my schedule changed more times than I could EVER count on one hand or maybe even two.  Originally I was scheduled to have my port put in at 6:10 in the evening.  Hello, that meant clear liquids until noon and then NOTHING the rest of the day.  But, lucky for me (yeah, never thought I would say that) I'm a diabetic and that's not an ideal schedule to go with insulin.  So, they bumped me up to the top of the list, now I have to be at the hospital at 9:15 (Thursday morning), not sure of exact procedure time but I think it's about 10 and it should only take 1/2 an hour with light anestesia so that I can pretty much leave almost as soon as they are done. 

Then the original plan was to get a PET scan on Friday morning in Grand Rapids at 11am and be back in Holland for the MUGA test at 2:45, tight on time, but doable.  Got most of that figured out as far as rides go and then that all changed too.  The PET scan is still Friday at 11, but you can't do both a PET and a MUGA on the same day, there has to be 2 days in between.  So now the MUGA test is in Holland on monday at 9:45am.

Then, if all is well, Chemo Tuesday.  And that's all I can say about that right now. 

I took a big step today, a drastic step actually, but I think I will just keep you in suspense and show you pictures when I get them downloaded.  Soon.  Some of you may know already, but shhhhh, it's a secret!  ;) 

I've got a couple of tentative things planned in the next few weeks, so be on the lookout for more information on that!  And of course, Sarah has lot's of things planned, because she's just so good at that, things I don't even know about but she just takes control and get's things done, which is what everyone in my shoes should have (personally I think she needs to make this a new job)!

One of my biggest joys each day is going to the mailbox and opening cards.  I have to say that I LOVE real mail.  One reason is that I don't feel as if I have to respond like I do with emails, but the real reason is that it's just so hearwarming to read all of the messages and see all the people who care.  So, thank you for all the cards!  Thank you for just a little bit of joy in my day!

And, aren't you proud of me, I'm posting this before tomorrow, as in middle of the night tomorrow.  Now I plan to get a few hours of sleep before I wake up again!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Make sure to give the photographer the credits she deserves when you post the pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, is it a "trim"? I can't wait to see. You look great, I'm sure! Julie S