May 6, 2010

Thorns

I honestly don't know what day it is, when I wake up in the middle of the night or middle of the morning I'm very confused as to whether it's morning or night, but I've also come to realize that it just doesn't matter, what does it matter if it's 4 in the morning or 4 in the afternoon when all you do is lay on the couch, watch tv, read, facebook or sleep, the time changes nothing about my day.  Someday it will matter again, someday soon hopefully.  Right now I am very tired, which must mean that it's 10:40PM, but could be am, who really knows.

I encourage you to read 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 the version from the Message follows, but if you click on the link it will take you to the NIV version.

7-10Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn't get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan's angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn't think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,


My grace is enough; it's all you need.


My strength comes into its own in your weakness.


Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.
 
God gave me this thorn/handicap/limitation to test my rescources on a daily basis, but I can live with this thorn because God gives me the rescources to do it on a daily basis, hourly basis.  He is my source of strength, courage and hope.  He will care for me, he will hear me when I cry out, he will protect me.  He is my EVERYTHING!
 
What weakness is he giving you that you are not using for the right purpose?  What weakness is he telling you to lean on him, take it to him?  Find that weakness today and give it over to him,
 
Prayer Reqeust:
A little more strength, I seem to get tired very quickly
That I would be able to wean myself off the pain pills soon
The drains will come out soon
Good weather, and energy and desire, for everyone running this Saturday, whether it be 5K, 10K (Yikes) or 25K (Double Yikes)
Relief for the stress that Matt, Sarah and Julie are feeling
Prayers for a friend that has been in the hospital with a few complications, the details aren't specific, but God knows what she and her family need

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynette, I find it odd that I am thanking you for the encouragement today, but thanks, I needed that scripture this morning. I hope you are being encouraged and inspired by what people write you as much as us reading your thoughts are! Thanks.
Heather