April 22, 2007

What a gorgeous day...

Today was GREAT! It was over 80 degrees and sunny, a little breezy! I could handle all year like this, forget that summer humidity that is bound to hit soon! Matt finally got to go fishing, not salmon like he wanted, the waves were supposed to be huge, so he just went perch fishing instead. (Once he got out there though he said the waves were very small, so he wished he had brought his salmon stuff!) He also said that there was a line a mile long to get into the state park, so don't go there he said! Instead, I took the kids to Payless and got some shoes...
I got these in a solid army green...(can't get that picture I guess)



And the kids got two pairs (1 each too)...






Then we went to Panera for dinner, and then to the park in Holland where there are supposed to be tulips blooming for tulip time, there were about 10 tulips, and I forgot my camer... lucky my dad was along, and never without a camera! Here area few of the pics he captured of my kids, and D & Angela (bro and sis)...


After all that we went to Coldstone for ice cream! So yummy, but definately a splurge for ice cream! I hate spending that much, but when Matt's gone sometimes I jsut have to! Then we came home and went for a short walk and then it was bath/shower time and bedtime for Elliot, while the kids and I watched AFV (a family favorite), now the kids are in bed and I'm on the porch typing away, trying to calm myself down after my mini breakdown of feeling overwhelmed by the messy messy house and doing everything by myself! Tomorow I want to try to walk in the morning, but then am going to dedicate myself to cleaning and organizing. We have clothes everywhere, I need to sort and get rid of a bunch and put away the rest! We just plain have way to many clothes! How many outfits is typical for a child? Just out of curiosity, cuz I think my kids have about 20 shirts a piece, not to mention dresses for Bailey (and 20 may seriously be on the low end)! Not that I'm not grateful that we have clothes to wear, it's just SOOOO overwhelming right now, I think everything is just compounding on each other and I'm getting overwhelmed with everything... For now I'm just outside, enjoying the beautiful weather until it's time for Desperate housewives, Matt won't be home til late I'm sure so all by myself! Have a great Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love love love your shoes! Glad you got to go out today - good to do that when the hubby's are out. Have a good week - my kiddos have half as many clothes as yours I think - and I am overwhelmed with switching around all the clothes!

S Huiz said...

I got those same boy flip flops for Cobe- he wore them to church this morning. :-) And yes, my kids have a TON of clothes. My mom buys and buys for them, on top of what I buy for them. I am not lying- each boy probably has 50 or more shirts and probably 25 pairs of pants. Sadie I can't even begin to count b/c she has hand me downs from Lisa's girls as well as everything my mom and I buy her. It is sinful! I am having a yard sale in May and am going to narrow their clothing selection down quite a bit! :-) Glad you enjoyed your day today- it WAS a beauty!

Nina_VK said...

Very cute shoes I must say!! The weather was beautiful out this weekend for sure!! I too would be happy if it was like that all the time, Although, I do love my winters. :)

I hear ya on the ton of clothes thing. I admit I buy A LOT of clothes for my girls. I would rather buy them stuff then me. But it adds up!! I need to go through all there stuff and donate A LOT of it!! It get me stressed just thinking about it.

Have a great day!!

(cute pics BTW)