April 18, 2007

Moving...

I want to move so bad, but really have not much motivation to get the house ready to sell, until today! We looked at a house this afternoon, nothing super special, and I'm not exactly sure I even like the house all that much, but I definately LOVE the pool! So anyway, that got me motivated! Right after looking I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get some storage things so that I could de-clutter my house! I bought some of these...I was able to get a duvet, a duvet cover, 2 pillows and a set of sheets in one jumbo bag and in the other I got 7 winter coats and some other misc winter items! They are vacume sealed so I dont have to worry about smells or anything like that! Right now I'm taking a break from going through the kitchen and taking out anything we don't use regularly, if we don't use it regularly we don't need to have it right now! It's amazing how simply we can live if we try! While at Bed Bath and Beyond I also bought one of these! Mine is a little more shabby chic looking though! I love it! Right now I have the juicy orange going, I also bought Buttercream, Vanilla Lime, Cucumber Cantaloupe, Country Linen and Greenhouse, I want to burn them all just so I can get a smell! The kids aren't going to be all that happy with me when I de-clutter thier room! They have way to much stuff, and poor Bailey got all of her toys taken away about a month ago b/c she never picks anything up (I know I was the same way when I was younger, and now I know why I frustrated my mother so much), unfortunately that backfired and she didn't really care, she still has craft stuff and games to play, but anyway, they are going to be mad b/c I intend to take a lot more away, spring is upon us, they will be outside most of the time anyway, who needs indoor toys, right? (Help me out here...I'm feeling kinda guilty!) They also both have an obsession with blankets, each of them probably has 4 different blankets besides the comforter on thier beds, so they are going to have to pick one to keep out, the rest are getting packed! Ahhhhhhhhhh, I suppose I should go clean a bit more, it's almost time to go get the kids! Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday tomorow (ABC is going to be All NEW, I'm so excited, it's about time, that means Betty, Grays and October Road, woohoo!)

Off to clean...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You and I are doing the same thing right now. We have had our house on the market for so long, but I have never really de-cluttered like I should. Now I am feeling the urge. I read this forum this morning at work: http://www.digishoptalk.com/boards/showthread.php?t=47963
Well I came home - stayed off the internet until now quick and started de-cluttering and getting stuff ready for my garage sale in our neighborhood. Here we go - we should check in with eachother to see how we do! Good for you for getting some supplies too - I am too dang cheap! You will LOVE the tart warmer. I have two of them! Sign up at Yankee Candle online to recieve their email specials - can get some good deals on them!!!

S Huiz said...

Don't feel guilty about packing up the kids' toys. We put our house on the market in July, so the kids haven't had toys for almost 10 months- they learned to be creative and improvise! They haven't seemed to miss them too much. I would have never packed them away if I knew our house would take this long to sell, but oh well- what's done is done! Is your house on the market already? Good luck- I hope your process goes more quickly than mine or Amanda's! :-)

Nina_VK said...

HI Lynette, I found your blog through my SIL Mandakay's blog, AND I hear that your teaching Kari how to digi scrap too. It's a small world I tell ya. :)
Anyway, I too HAVE to de-clutter. The house is being taken over by my girls LOL.

So I thought I would stop by and say hello!
Have a great day!