April 15, 2007

Did you have a good weekend...

we did! Nothing really special, I already posted about Friday night, and then on Saturday morning Matt decided it was time to start moving on getting the house done, so that we can sell and move on from this place! (Not to far though, just from this house) So he started painting the entryway (it looks sooo cool, but needs a few more coats of paint and flooring, I will post pics when the paint is finished), the walls are red and the trim is a light tan (Dustbowl to be specific), it used to be white trim, but got dirty so fast from the kids going in and out! I felt guilty having him work and me do nothing, so I started cleaning my room, something I have been putting off for months. I hate putting clothes away, so I generally live out of laundry baskets, not to mention the fact that I don't have many clothes, so it seems like I wear the same thing all the time, but I tackled that task! I put away almost all of my clothes, (I just need more hangers for my closet), dusted everything, and the biggest thing is that I even cleaned the closet (something that HAD to be done in order to put the house up for sale). I packed up a lot of stuff just because I don't need it right now but may need it in the future, so that will get put away (either storage or the shop) and out of our house. It's hard enough to keep the house picked up, I don't need extra stuff sitting around!

I've also been feeling like I need a break from life, specifically from being a mom. I love my kids, I love being with them, but don't we all need a break sometimes? I keep thinking I need to rent a hotel room all by myself and just go veg, watch tv, sleep, and basically do nothing, no responsibilities, no diapers to change, no lunch to make, no whining to hear, oh it sounds good, I know I would miss my kids quickly, but absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Luckily Matt is very understanding, and although I know he wanted to go work on getting his boat ready for Salmon fishing, he let me go to a friends house instead fo some adult conversation, a yummy drink (have you tried this? Mixed with squirt, yummy!), and some attempts at scrapping! I so needed to get out of the house, it was so nice!

Then this morning we went to church, Elliot did so well sitting in church, he "talked" a little, but all in all was pretty quiet! After church we headed south to my grandpa's house to visit, I used to go every other week but since Elliot has been born it's been harder, and I know he misses us, and then some family time this evening! All in all it was a good weekend, a lot was accomplished (which is always a good feeling), I got to rejuvinate a little, just what we needed!

A few pics to share of our visit... (elliot wasn't thrilled that we took his bottle away for the pic)


And some other random pics of Elliot!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you are getting the house ready - that can be so much work, but such a good feeling yet too! You really need to come with us scrapping at the hotel we go to in Holland - it is so nice to get away - you really do need that! Please come next time girl! Sounds like a great weekend!