April 19, 2007

Just some stuff...

So, my goal is to organize for 1-2 hours per day and clean for another hour! (Yes, I'm seperating the two!), so that means way less computer time... Matt will be sooooooo thrilled! I didn't get to far last night, we ended up going out for dinner (Olgas, I LOVE thier snackers) and to Gander Mountain for... fishing supplies!
Matt sooooo needs to go fishing, he needs to for himself and to get me some salmon to eat! When I was pregnant I wasn't able to eat all that much, so this year I will be indulging, I figure it could be something way worse to crave, so fish isn't all that bad!
If you have any tips or tricks on organizing, I would be happy to read them... (like hiring someone would be a good one, not cheap but a GREAT idea). We are having a garage sale, but I am to lazy to price everything, so I'm still going to be giving quite a bit to Goodwill! I have two huge piles already. Another site I use to get rid of stuff (besides e-bay) is Freecycle. I get rid of so much stuff so quickly this way, I totally recommend it! Seriously! When we got new furniture we needed our other stuff gone, it wasn't that great so we didn't want to mess with selling it, so I listed it and it was gone by that evening, I had at least 10 people respond and want it! I just listed some micro-steam bags (for cleaning bottles etc) and I received an e-mail request for them within 2 minutes of the listing being posted, not sure when she will pick up, but whatever, it's gone, I don't have to look at it and I didn't add it to a landfill!

We spent quite a bit of time outside this afternoon, Elliot loved it, and so did I. I walked 3.5 miles this afternoon too and guess what... my cheeks got a little sun! I then went shopping at the Gap Outlet, lucky me they had 50% off a bunch of stuff, so I picked up a few things, 2 skirts and some shirts, it feels so good to get new clothes, especially skirts. It's been a LONG time since I wore a skirt! Now I just need shoes, so hopefully tomorow I can make time for Payless! (Thanks to Amandas cute pics)

So, no great plans for the weekend, we are watching my brother and sister tomorow night so my parents can go out, then they are taking our kids on Saturday so we can go out with some friends, I think we are going to go to Mongolian Barbecue (did I spell that right???), we've never been so it will be fun to try something new, plus it's a little ways away from us so it will make the night last longer, I so need a long night! Sunday is church and I think Matt will try to take the "Dinner Bell" his boat out for the first time this year!


I just finished a layout too, it didn't take me that long, so I know it's not that great, but I liked the kit with the colors of Bailey's shirt! I also loved the style of the kit too! Anyway, here it is...

Great Friday and weekend to you!

2 comments:

S Huiz said...

Bailey is beautiful! How old are your brother and sister? I have to be in the Children's Program at BSF Monday night, so I'll have to catch up with you the next week.
:-)

Amanda said...

I see that you, me, and Sarah all posted tonight instead of our usual afternoon - we must all be busy cleaning and getting outside - I think that will be the trend this summer! I did get my shoes from payless and LOVE them! Have a great weekend - you will love the mongolian - I've also heard the Melting Pot is good - fondue dinner!!!