April 4, 2007

Somthing I heard...

I was listening to Focus on the Family radio program while in the car this morning and heard the coolest analogy... I had to get it down somewhere so I wouldn't forget it!

If I have a $20 bill, how much is it worth? $20 right? Well if I stuck it in the gutter and poured alchol over it and let it stay there for a week/month/year, how much would it be worth? $20 right? What if I poured drugs over it, cocaine, meth, anything? How much would it be worth then? Still $20 right? Why? Because $20 is the value bestowed on it... just as God bestows our value on us, no matter what choices we make our value doesn't change.

Isn't that cool? I would like to think that I don't think this way, but I know that sometimes I will see a drug addict (mostly on tv) and think that they aren't as valuable as me, not that I'm something great or anything, but still not as valuable. Know what I mean? I thought that was a great reminder of how I SHOULD think!

No comments: