March 10, 2008

Spring Break Blues

Well, we decided to cancel our trip (with some stipulations on my part). If Matt can't go on the beach or even really have use of his arm we aren't going to have fun at all. We are definately going to try to go next year though and we will be going to Chicago at least, not sure what we will do there, but we WILL go! We are also going to look more seriously at campers now! So, it will all work out, I'm just a bit disappointed as are the kids! The positive is that I don't have to put on a bathing suit and I don't have to tan (trying to see positives here, even if they are a stretch!). I did just do "spring break" shopping though, so that's a bit disappointing that the kids won't wear thier cute new outfits for a little longer now!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

Oh no! I am sorry you had to do that- know how much you were looking forward to getting to some warmth. Maybe, just maybe, it will be unseasonably warm here that week. :-) Happy camper hunting- that is exciting!!!!!!

Beck said...

Camper-hunting IS exciting! Sorry the big trip had to be canceled... maybe you could get the kids involved in planning activities for Chicago? There are SO many cool things to do down there, especially off the beaten path!

Amanda said...

Kind of a bummer, but I think that is a good decision. If you are spending the vacation money - you should all be well and able to have fun! Chicago is ALWAYS fun!

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry you had to cancel. I can imagine how much you were looking forward to nice weather after this yucky winter!