October 1, 2007

Ouch...

Look what I logged on to find this morning... *click here*! I was quite excited, I actually WON something!!!! This may mean nothing to most of you, but I was excited!
I really wanted to skip BSF tonight. But i knew that it was just the devil trying to keep me from it and with good reason too. I was SOOO convicted tonight! Our study for tonight was on Matthew 2. Some things that really struck me were...

Which of my own interests am I putting ahead of knowing God?
True worship always leads to surrender. When we surrender we can not give him something that costs us nothing. Our time is valuable to God. There is a cost involved in giving him our time in order to worship Him.
We can fill our days with lot's of good things, but what about the BEST things?
What in my schedule do I need to surrender?
Well, something I know and tend to push to the back of my mind so that I don't have to acknowledge it is... I have an addiction. And it's this terrible piece of equipment that I'm addicted to. I let it consume me. If I have a free minute I will check my e-mail. Now understand, I'm not an important person (did I really need to tell you that?), but I feel this urge to see if I received an e-mail. I know I'm not the only person that does this, but I know it is detrimental to me and my everyday life. Or, while Elliot is napping (or even playing quietly) I will get on my computer, while I could be doing much more productive things, like laundry, mopping, my BSF, really anything.
I have been aware of my addiction for quite a while, but have not wanted to confront it. But tonight I was convicted. And I'm going to try to confront this head on. I can't say I will never be on my computer again, because we all know that that isn't possible. But I need to drastically cut down on time. Not sure how I will implement that yet.
Another thing from tonight...
Obedience is a natural reaction of a person surrendered to God's authority.
Will I obey even if I despise the result?
So, while I don't like the idea of not being on my computer and not having it accessible at all hours of the day and night, I know that God wants this for me.
Whew... that is out there now... now I have YOU to hold me accountable.
Now for the "fluffy" stuff. This week I think I mentioned that i have a lot of extra kids here... but I didn't mention it's because I am going to start babysitting again. I used to babysit for a friend a few years back. It was a little boy about Bailey's age and although sometimes tiring and trying it was fun. Nice for Bailey to have someone to play with (and they are still friends). I quit after almost 2 years though b/c I had just had enough. I was worn out. But after trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with my life for quite a few months now, this just randomly fell into my lap (thanks to Sarah). I think it will be a great opportunity, the little boy is just a few months older than Elliot, so once they get a little older it will be nice for them to have each other to play with! So that starts this Wednesday and Thursday for sure, possibly Friday too. Pray for me that the transition to another child in our home goes smoothly for not just myself but for Elliot too. (Oh, and it's EARLY mornings, so pray for me to be up on time!)
Tomorow evening Sarah & I are headed up to Woodland. I NEED to find just a few shirts (I'd be happy with one or two at this point) to wear for fall/winter and I think we will be doing some Christmas shopping too for Sarah, oh and birthday too??? I'm excited to go, it's been forever since I've been to Woodland, so unless there is a major catastrophe or something my plans won't be changing!!!!
All right, I need to sign off now, although I'm not sure I will turn this beast off quite yet... soon though!

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

Congratulations on winning that challenge!!! That is awesome! What was your prize? Okay, now I feel guilty- I am always on my computer too, but I feel like I quick check it when I walk by most of the time. Usually I don't have emails or new blogs to read, so does that count??? Haha I should cut down too, but it would be SO hard! (I know, I know- that is what the lesson was about tonight). I enjoyed the lecture too and was glad I went. Looking forward to tomorrow night! See you in the morning. Don't get on your computer again before I see you! :-)