September 30, 2007

Good day...





Church this morning... good sermon on vision. What is our vision for our lives... what do we do when faced with a difficult situation (and God knows I've had plenty of those lately), do we pray or do we fight? I think I'm somewhere in the middle. My first impulse isn't necesarily to pray, but I've come to realize that God is in control and not me and "fighting" isn't going to help me.

Elliot was a BEAR! We were sitting smack in the front of church (closer than normal, although normal is pretty close) and the kiddo just wouldn't sit still and was screeching, mostly during the songs. He ate his Teddy Grahams :) but when those were gone he was done with church. I was seriously getting annoyed/stressed. Lucky for me good ol' Kate was there and she took him to the back. I always feel bad cuz then she misses church and it's not her resposiblity, but I'm also SOOOO thankful! I think I may have to get over my issues with nursery soon.

So, those of you doing BSF, anyone else struggling this week? I'm guessing it's just me, but I just can't understand the questions. I think I just have no focus. We got Bailey's done (which is big for me, I normally run out of patience with her quickly, but she is lovin' it and loved doing her lesson) but i just can not do my own. I tried and tried and tried, but got so frustrated I just gave up. I was thinking about skipping tomorow, but I know that for Bailey's sake I need to go (that and my leader called me and now I would feel guilty). So, I'll be there, and unless God has something up his sleeve, my lesson will NOT be done.

Busy busy week this week. At least as far as kids go. I'm going to have extra kids here every day except for Thursday, but it should be fun and maybe even a little helpful as far as Elliot goes.

Landon has school pictures tomorow and I think I've decided for the first year not to order any. They never turn out well and I got some decent pictures yesterday that I can print up instead, so I will just get a yearbook and a class picture. Kinda nice, it takes away the stress of figuring out what the kids will wear, although I still want him to look nice.

Hope everyone had a great weekendd and were able to relax a little and enjoy family!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know that I love hanging out with Elliot...it was my pleasure to watch him this morning! Besides, I didn't want to see that old picture of me up on the big screen, and I knew it was coming!

S Huiz said...

Wonderful LO's! I love the words on the one of you sitting with Landon and Bailey. I am actually sitting here with tears in my eyes! You are a WONDERFUL mother in every way!!!! Glad you have Kate in your life- she seems like a big help! I just emailed you before I saw your entry. I had an okay time with my BSF this week- it was easier for me than last week. Call me in the morning if you want to go over any of the questions. Lisa said she had a hard time as well, so you aren't alone.

Nina_VK said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first LO!! I think that is one of my favorites that you have done so far! Beautiful!
Love the banner too BTW!! Very cool!
I hope you have agood week girl!! :)