October 24, 2007

I hate when things get messed up...

We were planning on taking the kids to school and then heading up to the hospital as the surgury was scheduled for 11 or so, we didn't need to be there til 9 so that was perfect. But the call from the hospital today (at 4:30) changed all that. We now need to be there at 7 to prepare for the 8:15 surgery. Lovely so as I'm cooking dinner, I also need to make phone calls to make arrangements for the kids, get all homework done and backpacks ready, and the kids packed, plus I was watching another girl for a friend. All chaos broke out! Plus we had to be at church at 6:30! But alas, God is good and everything worked out, the kids are now at Mary's house, Matt stayed home from church (not that he normally goes on Wednesday nights) got Elliot packed, the kids were able to pack themselves before leaving and Sharon is picking the kids up for school for me!

So, quick post, and I will probably head to bed so that I can get a little sleep, waking up during the five o'clock hour just isn't my thing, so I'm sure I will need to recover a bit tomorow. Hopefully all goes well with surgery and he is able to heal it correctly. The doctor told him there were no guarantees, and if it doesn't work they will have to fuse it... pray for success please!

Elliot was so fun today... he is so close to walking. He took multiple steps multiple times today, but the only way he can do it is if he isn't thinking about doing it! If he knows what he's doing, he absolutely won't do it! But were close! Very very close!

1 comment:

S Huiz said...

Hope you get a good night's sleep- I"ll pray for success in surgery for Matt. You KNOW I can help you with your kids whenever you need- just holler!!!!!

Yay for Baby Elliot!!!!!