October 15, 2007

So, how was your weekend?

Mine was ok for the most part! Yesterday was a L-A-Z-Y day! I was able to sleep in a little bit thankfully! Elliot has been fighting a cold, therefore waking up in the middle of the night quite a bit and for some ODD reason insisting on sleeping with us, kepe in mind that this is the child that will not cuddle and has NEVER slept with us a day in his life. He used to take naps while being held... when he was 2 weeks old, but really ever since about 6 weeks he much more prefers to be in his bed. Not lately though, he wants to sleep with me! I didn't mind the first night, I kinda liked the extra cuddle times, but really it is disruptive to both of our sleeping patterns and I NEED NEED NEED my sleep, so now it's getting old!

Matt took Landon to Sunday school (Bailey was at a friends house) and ended up staying with him, so the didn't get home til after noon. We opted not to take Elliot to church for a few different reasons, but mostly the cold, so he and I just hung out all morning!

I rested for a while in the afternoon while Matt dealt with the child that didn't want to sleep. Once Bailey got home we decided to venture out for dinner. I love to sit home and be lazy, but I need to get out too. Matt's truck had a terrible onion smell in it from Wendy's the day before (which was thrown away the day before too), which gave me a headache, which turned into a migraine at night. YUCK! So I was pretty much out of it for the evening. I didn't even finish Desperate Housewives, so you know it's bad then!

This morning I headed out to Woodland to return some things finally! I am not exagerating when I tell you this... I was checking out for almost a full hour. All I wanted to do was return some shirts, exchange a shirt and purchase a different shirt. That took 3 transactions and a LOT of confusion. If I didn't love the store so much I would say that I was never going back. It was terrible. I also left a pair of pants there to be hemmed and shipped to me, so we'll see how long that will take! Elliot was a trooper though, he slept most of the time we were there and woke up in time to have a pretzel with me!

On the way out there I stopped at a good friends house to visit, too. She lives in Grand Rapids and I don't see her very often anymore, definately need to do something about that!

Tonight is BSF, I was going to skip, but Elliot is taking a nap and I got my lesson done, I think my headache is gone (praise the Lord) and every week the devil tempts me to skip, but I'm not letting him win AGAIN this week! Getting Bailey there may be a little harder though!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a decent weekend and morning - other than the migraine and the mishap at the mall. :)
I hope to see you at BSF - if Kyle can handle all three girls and lets me get out I am hoping to make it to at least PART of it!

S Huiz said...

Sorry you got the migraine- I didn't realize smells do that to you. Your jeans rock- may have to bite your style if I ever get out that way again. :-) Talk later.