October 9, 2007

Perfect day...

Now, THIS is October!!!!!! This is the weather one would expect in Michigan in October!!!!!! Football tonight was CHILLY if not downright COLD!!!! Not complaining, just stating the truth! I have been craving soup lately, not brothy soup, but fattening creamy or cheesy soup! (I highly recommend Panera's Fiesta con Queso) So tonight I made this soup for dinner! I highly recommend it, although I think it needs a little more salt and pepper than the recipe calls for! And next time I may blend the potatoes (or mash as one of the reviews suggested) to make it a little thicker/creamier! I have lunch left for tomorow now too! Yum Yum, soup on a chilly fall day!

So, does anyone have any suggestions for combatting the lies in a six year old? My dear sweet six year old lies constantly. Petty little lies. This morning she said that a newer pair of shoes didn't fit her anymore and they hurt her toes (although I could clearly feel her toe and there was plenty of room left) all because she didn't want to wear them, she wanted to wear boots instead. Not really a HUGE deal except that she didn't tell me that, she tried to lie her way around it all! The lies are ENDLESS and I've had it! So... any great ideas to rid her of the lies? Reward systems, punishment, anything, I'm open!

Babysitting is going really well. He really is a sweet kid! He loves to say "Puppy", about 600 times per day! He loves to be outside, as does Elliot, so it works out well! They (both babies) nap every afternoon from about 12:30-3, so i get a nice break to make dinner, clean up, use the computer! Kinda nice!

Ha! Guess what's on t.v. right now? Perfect Strangers? Remember that? Balki? To funy! not sure how long I'll be able to stand watching it, but I may have to try! "Standing taaaaaalllllll on the wings of my dreams... Rise and Faaaaaallllll on the wings of my dreams" "My life... my dreams... nothings gonna stop me now", funny how watching it just once brings it all back!!!! And I'm still watching only the intro!!!!

Ok, have a good evening!

3 comments:

S Huiz said...

You are all over the place- you crack me up. Okay- you are a gourmet chef. I looked at that recipe, saw the ingredient LEEK and was outta there so fast. I NEVER make anything that has some random, off the wall ingredient. What is a leek???? The soup sounds delicious, but I would buy it at a restaurant, not make it. :-) If you like thick, creamy soups, I have 2 recipes that are DELICIOUS for soups. One is a shrimp/corn chowder and one is called Golden Creamy Chowder. Both are hits at our house and are VERY simple to make (no leeks). Can't help you with the lying bit- probably just a phase and one she'll grow out of. I always emphasize how God doesn't like certain behaviors when I'm dealing with Cobe and that seems to impact him more than mom and dad not liking the behavior. Plus I have him pray about it so he verbalizes his misbehavior for a few nights while he is in a calm, good mood and is away from the behavior/not caught up in it at the moment. Don't know if it works or not, but he seems to think about it at least. I'll take Bailey Bell at my house any day- that sweetheart! I could eat her up! Glad babysitting is going so well. We had fun with Baby E here today- Sadie did the "Baby Elliot"cheer all afternoon. :-) I'll talk to you soon.

Amanda said...

Funny story actually. My boss had his child go thru a lying phase a while back. He was a bit younger than Bailey if I remember right so you may need to change the method a little if you choose to do this. It is kind of cruel though - LOL. He told his son to get ready to go to that restaurant that used to be in the Grandville Mall - the one with the two sides and the arcade. He got all ready and then the dad told him to get in the car and he would be there in a minute. Basically the kid sat in the car for about 20 minutes all buckled in when he finally came back in the house to check where Dad was. Then Dad explained to him that he lied and that they weren't going to that place after all. So kind of the whole "bite and I'll bite you" type of punishment - but then he explained WHY it is not nice to lie - even small lies b/c it may end up hurting someone's feelings or stuff like that. Not sure I could ever do that, but then again, I don't have a lying kid YET! Someday I will have the same question as you - seems like everyone I know has gone thru that phase.

Love your new blog look too - I can't give you any tips unfortunately b/c my sister Shawn did it all for me today - she has been doing blog stuff as a side job, so she has learned all the ins and outs. I am HTML illiteral!

Nina_VK said...

Phew, I think I am all caught up now. LOL, I have been sooo busy!!
1st. Love your new blog look!!
2nd. Those pictures and layouts are awesome.
3rd. Back to the photos, the depth of field on the picture of landon is pretty darn great!!
4th. I am so gonna try that soup!! It sound de-lish!

I know there was more, but I can't think of everything right now....guess I should have came back more often ay. ;)

Have a great day!