September 26, 2007

Like my new blog header????

Oops, I made it WAY to small! But i didn't realize it until I posted it and don't feel like changing it right now... so it will be that way for a day or so!

Elliot had his 1 year appt today. He had to get five shots and I still have to take him to the lab to have his iron and hemoglobin tested. Poor guy! But I will have to do that early next week! (Or Matt will have to) Matt met me at the doctor so he was the one holding Elliot's arms and the one Elliot was looking at as the nurses poked him! I just hate having him look at me thinking I'm the one causing the pain! He weighed 22 pounds 3.5 ounces (50th percentile), he was 30 1/2" long (between 50 & 70th percentile). He really has done well after the shots, he was tired and took a good nap (2 1/2 hours), but then we went to Teusinks farm for church tonight and he was just amazed by all the animals and things to do, so he perked right up. When we got home though, I think he hit a wall and lost it! He was right to bed, we'll have to do bath in the morning!

We had a fun time at Teusinks. If you dont' know, it's a "pony" farm. The kids were able to ride horses (Bailey on the ring and Landon was old enough to do the trail ride). Unfortunately I needed to go with Landon, only b/c there was no one else in line. I am deathly afriad of horses. I had one TERRIBLE experience a few years ago (like 8yrs) and refused to EVER get on a horse again. Well, that ended today! I figured it couldn't be that bad, these horses are used to these trails and each other. The "guides" on our little ride were probably 18 and 12. The girl behind me was the twelve year old. At one point my horse stopped and bend it's head down. The irrational side of me saw that the horse was of course going to buck and throw me off, so obviously I fearfully said "What is he doing????". The girl behind me said (in a tone that said it is so obvious and your a fool for asking) "He's eating." Duh!!! The logical part of me knew that, I just wasn't feeling logical or rational! So really, the ride wasn't that terrible, I was just ready to be done! We then went on a wagon ride thing, though not to be confused with the hay ride. We went on a hay ride too! On the hay ride were three baby bunnies! Baby baby bunnies! Little tiny bunnies. It's a suprise that they are still alive though after all the kids holding and squeezing them. I tried to hold one while holding Elliot, just to see what he would do, well we found out quickly what he would do, he would take the bunnies head and squeeze it as hard as he could in his little fist! Not so good!



Tomorow I get to go help out at the book fair at the Bailey's school, hopefully Elliot is still doing well, because he get's to go along! I may not be that much help I guess, but at least I can try!

4 comments:

S Huiz said...

What fun! Can anyone just go to that farm whenever or did you go for something special? Brooks is DYING to ride a horse- I should take him. Love the new header- I would love for you to teach me some of those tricks for my blog. Glad E did well at his appt. Hope he isn't a bear for you tomorrow. Would be glad to watch him if we didn't have dance- sorry!

Amanda said...

OK - I can't believe that Sarah has never heard of Teusinks - she must go with her boys! The header does look great - can't wait to see it bigger - your so tricky getting it to rotate pics - Nina's does that too and I LOVE it!

S Huiz said...

Oh we have been to Teusink's many times- but always with class trips or we went one time for a Woodland Realty function, but I didn't know if you can just go whenever by yourself or if you had to go with a group.

Nina_VK said...

That is so cool!! I haven't been there yet, I think Eva might be a little to small yet and Isa definateely is, but we'll have to remember that for the future!! You got some cut pics of the kiddos too!!

The header looks great!!! Such cute pictures!!!