September 25, 2007

This will be all over the place!

I just signed Matt and I up for Married for Life. I figured... why not? Matt and I were married on May 1, 1999 before a church full of family and friends and most importantly God. We made the vows to each other at that time and now we are committing again through this program. The goal is to get one million couples to commit to stay married for life. Right now there are 5,345 so won't you to sign up (assuming you are married) and add to the numbers? (I have heard about this multiple times on the radio and always thought I should do it, but by the time I got home I had forgotten about it, so thanks to Amanda for the reminder!)

Sunday our sermon was on "Discipline". Our sermon series right now is "What Matters" and unfortunately I haven't been able to actually listen to any of the other sermons in the series, but I know I left church feeling soooo convicted. Much of the sermone talked about how we always want Instant Gratification, but how we need to practice Discipline! So, if you've been a regular reader at all, you know that I SOOOO struggle with this!!! But it inspired/convicted me to be better at realizing what I need/don't need and what I really do need NOW and what I really could give to God instead of what I am giving to God. Even tithing our time was addressed, soemthing else I have a problem with. I could spend any amout of time on the computer or watching tv or both, but I need to give God 10% of my awake time too! So I will be working on this... pray for me!

Some things about elliot at one year old:
Says: Duck, Dexter, doggy (although they all kinda sound alike), mommy, daddy and I think one other.
Waves Hi, bye and night night. Signs "All Done", when he feels like it.
Stands on his own (he did take one lonely step yesterday though!!!)
Climbs the steps like a pro!
Screams to get what he wants!
Still get's one bottle in the morning (if i gave that bottle up that would mean a drastic change in our schedule and I'm not ready for that)
Loves his paci and his blankie
Only cuddles during that one morning bottle or when he is REALLY tired!
Likes to watch about 1/4 of a Baby Einstein movie!
Claps, kisses, So Big.
Loves his baths!
Favorite food is probably Goldfish!
BUSY BUSY BUSY
He has a doctor appt tomorow morning so I will be back tomorow to share his stats!

I am so frustrated! I went to the mall tonight with Bailey & Elliot (suprisingly that isn't the part that frustrates me). I need to find a few fall clothes... jeans, shirts etc. Even being as short as I am the jeans weren't the problem. I found a pair of those. The shirts are where I'm getting frustrated. I'm not old and don't want to dress like I am, but I definately don't have the body of a teenager either, therefore I can't wear most of the shirts that are available for sale. I tried on probably 10 shirts tonight and came home with... NONE! That is probably what I need the most now that I got the one pair of jeans. I tend to bypass the really cheap stuff/stores because I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for... as far as fit and quality go, but I don't want to spend even a small fortune either. So anyway, the hunt continues for the perfect shirt... and trust me when I find it you will see it on me DAILY I'm sure! (Because it will be my only one!)

Ok, so I said this would be all over and I think I've fulfilled that promise! If you made it this far good for you, sorry there is no reward though! I will wish you a wonderful Wednesday though!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah - very cool that you signed up for M4L!!! Don't you just love convicting sermons too!

Bummer you didn't have luck in the shirt department - I can't wait to do a shopping spree after baby, but I know I will struggle with the same problem!

S Huiz said...

Where do you get jeans that you like? I struggle in that department b/c I am sooooo short that nothing fits me except petite jeans,and those are usually made for grandmas. Good luck on the shirt hunt- you've had luck at Old Navy lately so you do have some shirts. I feel old even admitting this, but I always have luck with shirts at Kohl's. Love their choice of shirts. Not expensive and a billion to choose from. Liked your Elliot part of the post- have to crack up that his favorite food is goldfish since Sadie always steals his! Hope you have a good day tomorrow and feel great! :-)

susie said...

Okay, I'm not a blogger and have a hard time trying to get signed on....anyway I figured it out again, so here I am. It's so funny you signed up for Married for life, I just did it Sunday!!
I have a few more years than you, but than again I'm a little older!!!!!
Sorry I can't shop with you tomorrow, good luck anyway and hopefully soon we can hit the mall!!