September 7, 2007

Blessings abound...

even in the bad things that happen.

This morning I met my dad and Mary at the bakery for muffins. We sat outside and talked for a while, then we left. Elliot fell asleep on the way home and so I was going to try to lay down with him for a few minutes. Wouldn't you know it, the phone rang and woke him up, it was Matt. But while on the phone with him call waiting rang in with an unknown (to me) phone number. I switched over and answered it. It was a customer at the bakery that... found my purse. I NEVER EVER carry a checkbook, but just recently have had to for my grandpa's stuff. My purse was left open, so they found the checkbook and called me. Thankfully. So yes, I had to drive back to the bakery, but it was found by Christian women (while we were eating I heard them talking about BSF, not that everyone that attends BSF always does the right thing, but this is how I initially knew that they were Christians) who held each other accountable and found my phone number (which normally wouldn't have been even in my purse), called me and held onto my purse for me til I could get there! So, even in what could have been a terrible situation, God was there and the blessings abound.

So, this is my challenge to myself, even though it seems that the bad things just keep flowing in, to look for the good within the bad. There is always something good, just have to look. And then focus on the positive instead of the negative!



Enjoy your day/weekend and look for the positive!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a blessing that that lady took the time to call and wait for you to get there and retrieve it - safe and sound in your hands. Blessings like that are TRULY from God - He is good! Enjoy your weekend!

S Huiz said...

So glad you got your purse back. Did you know the ladies from BSF? Lisa still hasn't gotten a call from a leader. Had you even realized your purse was missing yet? Hope to see you at the game tonight. Who are your extra two kids????

Nina_VK said...

"There is always something good, just have to look."

Totally agree with ya girl! That is so awesome that they called and told you, you left your purse!Truly a blessing!

Have a great day girl!